Possible MLS Concept - South Jersey SC

WJMorris3

Since it appears that in 2009, there will be an MLS team playing in Glassboro, NJ (or at least there is a possibility of it), I decided to do a quick concept of what the team's uniforms might look like.

In contrast to current MLS trends, I'm assuming that by 2009, the league-mandated number style and template, and that some teams will start putting advertising on the front of the jersey, like they currently do in Europe.

sjsc.png

Critiques, comments, and laughter welcome!

LvZYtbZ.png

I'll put it in a like/dislike fashion...

--The change strip...noticed it was buff & blue. Nice little way to pay homage to the Garden State.

--The sponsor. Yeah, even this New Englander gets it :lol: Wawa to South Jersey is like Dunkin Donuts to New England...there's a law that there has to be one every few miles...

DISLIKE

--The primary strip...kinda is too close to what the LA Galaxy wear at home..also I noticed the sash is going the wrong way on the back..it probably should be going the opposite direction on the backside of the shirt.

Other than that, the colors (green/black) aren't that bad...the badge is simple enough from what I could tell.

It's got a chance to be great...just needs a little tweaking on the primary and there might be something good here.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Nice kit, WM.

Bonus points for avoiding the Rowan palette of brown and gold. :rolleyes:

I'd switch the primaries and the clash kits - nobody's wearing buff and blue these days (not even our license plates). And Wawa's a great sponsor (they're spreading too, as far south as Williamsburg, VA).

Is this team going to be considered a Philadelphia (market) team, or is this all ours to enjoy, leaving the possibility that Philadelphia gets its own team 15-20 miles away?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Nice kit, WM.

Bonus points for avoiding the Rowan palette of brown and gold. :rolleyes:

I'd switch the primaries and the clash kits - nobody's wearing buff and blue these days (not even our license plates). And Wawa's a great sponsor (they're spreading too, as far south as Williamsburg, VA).

Is this team going to be considered a Philadelphia (market) team, or is this all ours to enjoy, leaving the possibility that Philadelphia gets its own team 15-20 miles away?

I can only hope this is our team to enjoy, because we all know that most Philly people won't cross the Delaware to support a soccer team. Remember, it's okay to drive to Cape May or Wildwood, but Glassboro is pretty much in a foreign country.

LvZYtbZ.png

• 1 month later...

i just moved away from philly like 2 monthes ago and and there is nothing i would like more right now than a wawa italian hoagie

sry im a little off topic... overall the concept is solid, but greatness just doesnt jummp out at you

mmmmm hoagie

Archived