Minnesota Twins blue alt history wanted

spyboy1

My wife surprized me and brought home a Minnesota Twins Doug Mientkiewicz dark blue alternate Twins home jersey (the one with "TWINS" on the front) yesterday that she found at a thrift store for $2.

It's a pretty good replica, but not quite "there" yet. It does not have the number on the front and the sleeves don't have any patches on them.

I was wondering if anyone had records of what memorial patches the Twins wore on the sleeves of those blue home alts for the years 1998-2004 when Doug was a Twin.

I know they have had the 40th anniversary of the 1965 American League Champions, a 40th Anniversary of the team and the Eloise Pohlad memorial patch recently, but don't know the years off the top of my head or the year the blue home alt was first used either.

I also am quite confused about the Twins team logo patch on the left sleeve during this time period. I've seen them for sale online with the "Twins" script inside a baseball logo, the two guys shaking hands inside the state of Minnesota and also with the "TC" patch on them! :wacko:

If anyone knows their Twins history, I'd like to know what my options are.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Off the top of my head...

They did use the Twins baseball logo up until 2000 IIRC...then it was the 40th anniversary, then the redone two guys shaking hands in the state of Minnesota..

I don't ever recall the TC logo being used on that one...

Doug would have been there for the 40th Anniversary of the team, the AL Centennial (2001), and (for part of the season) the one with the Eloise Pohlad memorial patch...

40th anniversary of the '65 AL Champs one was last year, and seeing he got dealt at the deadline in 2004, yeah...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I found this for sale online from the 2001 season with the TC logo.

221mays1.jpg

I think the "baseball" logo was only used on the road alts at this point.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived