Chief Wahoo Anti-Semetic?

nsentv

I actually have an Indians cap. I'm gonna wear it for Passover. Hehe.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny, because real Native Americans don't give a damn. It's just white liberals who can't find a better hill to die on.

its part of that guilty white liberalism syndrome.

heres coast's solution to the problem. if the logo/team name/colors/uniforms are offensive ie Cleveland Indians, don't cheer for the offending team but switch teams and cheer for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. the whole native american fan base that is offended can cheer for the devil rays. they[devil rays] certainly can use a fan base to help keep the team from being deleted from MLB. :upside:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

heres coast's solution to the problem. if the logo/team name/colors/uniforms are offensive ie Cleveland Indians, don't cheer for the offending team but switch teams and cheer for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. the whole native american fan base that is offended can cheer for the devil rays. they[devil rays] certainly can use a fan base to help keep the team from being deleted from MLB. :upside:

now there's a thought - you find something offensive? don't support it! you don't like the Indians logo? go root for another team!

Coast - the Voice of Reason! And I mean that! :D

Forget the debate of whether or not Wahoo is offensive, it's just a plain ugly logo, made worse by its use on the hats. Only my opinion, but baseball caps should have letters on them, Orioles and, uh, Brewers excluded. Whatevs, my point is that it is just plain ugly.

Moreover, evidence from the time (microfilm of the Plain Dealer) reveals that Cleveland may have changed its name simply because Indian imagery was popular at the time, not in honor of Sockalexis, who never even played for the team (played for the NL Spiders).

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with the Indians if they had a classy logo like the Redskins or Blackhawks.

St. John's Redmen, R.I.P.

I think that anyone who speaks for an entire group of people, regardless of where he or she stands on the issue, is an idiot.

Personally, I think the logo is a pathetic relic from a pathetic era. But I'm not going to lose sleep about it. I just think it's interesting that the same template was used for anti-Jewish cartoons.

Archived