"World's best major junior hockey franchise"

highlanders08

An article in the Moncton newspaper states that the Moncton Wildcats are the "world's best major junior hockey franchise". I live in a Moncton, and although the Wildcats are a very communtiy involved team and draw fans across the province, I cannot agree with this statement. Any thoughts?

http://www.canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/se...tegory=ARCHIVES

(sorry, the link has only a part of the article)

Giants are the best they have the best coaching and managment and in a city that has a nhl team they still get pretty good attendance im a little bit bias though

Nu-uh my (insert city name) is much better because they do the exact same thing you said... which is the same thing every junior team does...

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I would choose between London and Ottawa.

London, Ottawa, and Calgary have all had record-breaking attendance in recent years, and have excellent coaching, which can't be disregarded since Junior Hockey is, after all, a developmental level. Peterborough has graduated a lot of players to Pro hockey, too.

Moncton's claim is based on having the best record in the CHL this year, though London had a higher winning percentage, I think.

It's also Moncton's tenth season (or anniversary?), and they're hosting the Memorial Cup, so their marketing machine is in high gear.

Brendan, did you compare Vancouver's coaches, management, and attendance to the organizations in Calgary and Ottawa - both of which also have NHL franchises?

Archived