Hockey Jersey Care

Neon_Matrix

I have a 5 year old, blue Toronto Maple Leafs on-ice authentic Koho jersey and its began to pill. I don't know if I should cut those parts off or just leave them...I'm afraid a hole will develop if I cut those parts off, at the same time, if I don't do something it may continue to get worse. So people, what should I do?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think he means the little threads that start to stick out.

Looks like the jersey was snagged a litle but it wasn't.

Am i right?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I have a Remmington fabric shaver (the "Fuzz-away Pro" model) that I use on sweaters. It does a good job, I suppose it would work on hockey jerseys too. It is only $10 or $15.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think he means the little threads that start to stick out.

Looks like the jersey was snagged a litle but it wasn't.

Am i right?

ah, those little things. if it is just the threads along the seams, I just get a sharp pair of scissors and cut them.

When I heard the word pilling, I though he meant the little bits of lint that you sometimes get on hoodies and sweaters. If it's those he means, I just use a disposable razor, gets rid of them right quick

My jerseys only did that when I put them in the dryer... let 'em air dry and it should be fine

I do air dry them, and yet its still happening for some reason.

Pilling is when you have loose threads sticking out of the body of the fabric, not the seams.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived