Tennessee Basketball

Conrad.

It's a very clean design, but unfortunately, I think it does little to improve on Tennessee's current uniforms. Adidas has created a sleek, but very conservative uniform for the Vols. Other than the checkerboard stripes, it's not a ton different (plus, the checkerboard is more associated with UT football than hoops).

DSC_2243-lg.jpg

howell_8757-lg.jpg

I'd prefer to see a new design be a little more bold and I'm not sure if the checkerboard stripes really do that. The Nike and Jordan Brand college basketball designs (St. Johns, Villanova, Cincinnati) are good examples. Also, your type treatment isn't moving too far away from the current style.

Keep pushing it and show us more.

Tennesee T.D heaven (endzone in football is checkered) meets the b-ball court! Wow, thats not someting you will see every day. I don't know, I kinda like the unifroms you made, but I still don't know what could make them better!

Dom

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

UT Football has a checkerboard endzone. Not many colleiate teams marry design elements and concepts across the board. (I think UMiami is the only one to use the same fontface and number style for all its major teams). That being said, I think it'd b kinda cool to see UT hoops with the checkerboard side trim, if only for the simple reason that its UNIQUE TO UT. Plus, no other team I know of uses checkerboard (other than the Charlotte Checkers ECHL hockey team). I like it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

UT Football has a checkerboard endzone. Not many colleiate teams marry design elements and concepts across the board. (I think UMiami is the only one to use the same fontface and number style for all its major teams).

Colorado did the same thing as Miami, and Oregon has unified their wordmarks as well. More schools should, but some others have.

And UT hoops should consider checkerboards. The school's best known team is football (or women's hoops), and the team is best known for the end zones. A subtle allusion wouldn't kill the basketball team, and could enhance their visibility (as if the unique color and nickname weren't enough).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived