Under Armour

brinkeguthrie

I seem to be seeing the UA logo in MLB..specifically on gloves..did they get a license I guess?

Makes me wonder why the NFL is so strict about shoes..either Reebok or Nike.

(maybe now Adidas too due to purch of Reebok?)

But it seems in the MLB and NBA..you can wear any shoe you choose.

I think Bonds is the only one to wear Fila. But you also see Puma too, and I think someone wears Easton.

Shoes, gloves, bats, and armbands, deemed "non-team issued equipment" can have any logo visable on them. It's in the collective barganing agreement.

Undershirts are issued by the team, so if a player wishes to wear his personal equipment, it cannont bear marks that differentiate it from the team-issued apparrel.

Undershirts are issued by the team, so if a player wishes to wear his personal equipment, it cannont bear marks that differentiate it from the team-issued apparrel.

Someone please call the fashion police on Jack Wilson for this, for wearing that godawful Nike dot thing in a short-sleeve version with no Pirate shoulder logo.

1zgyd8w.jpg

On the jumbotron at the Phillies games, when they show an action shot of Ryan Howard when he comes to bat, he is CLEARLY wearing a red under armour turtleneck under his jersey, with the UA very visable on the neck.

178471.jpg

He does not wear that turtleneck on-field. The video was probably done on a photo day and was not real game footage. It could also be from Spring Trianing, where the players pretty much wear what they want.

The video could be pre-2005 when the UA logo was allowed because UA was an official partner of MLB.

Archived