My First Concept

josh_cat_eyes

QUOTE (bnick05 @ Monday, May 1st, 2006 - 00:45:43)

QUOTE (miltonANDlumbergh @ Sunday, April 30th, 2006 - 18:55:43)

QUOTE (AstroBull21 @ Sunday, April 30th, 2006 - 16:06:51)

Thats not really a concept anyways, it's just a retooling of someone elses work. 

exactly, and a poor one at that. 

So much for constructive critisism, huh? Every single concept on here based on an existing team is just a retooling of someone else's work anyways, since it is not an original team. However, You've incorporated hockey into the Blues logo, which I like, I would recommend maybe recoloring the entire concept and some other clean up stuff. Maybe produce an original wordmark as well. 

I would try producing an original concepts.

Recolorings and taking other logos and making one tweak are not worthy of constructive criticism.

Does it make you all feel better to beat up on this dude? C'mon fellas, it's his first one. He was just trying. :peace:

OK, now truthfully, my friend it ain't that pretty. But as I said, this is your first concept, so ya get a pass in my book. Take a look at some of the threads up top, like templates and stuff, you can get good info in there, stuff to get you started. Keep working at it, you'll be alright.

Even though you did take a pre-existing logo and tweak it slightly, I'll throw out some C&C:

- I really like the incorporation of the hockey stick into the note. Great stuff there.

- However, I don't think the tape is necessary, or it could be a little better done.

- The "Salt Lake" could use some work. I think just re-doing it with a completely different font would've been more effective that just rearranging St. louis and filling in the rest of the letters.

For a first concept, it's not terrible. You've got some good things going here, just maybe some fine tuning and cleaning up would take this a long way.

Thanks for all of the advice (and non-advice) and I also do agree that the Jazz and therefore Blues are very out of place. I think that the current blues logo doesn't really have that much incorperated into it so i tried to fix that by putting the hockey stick. I'm going to give it a new color scheme and fix up someother things then post it later. This was also done in paint...anyone know of any other programs that you can make them in??

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived