New Era Cap going into the retail business

Gothamite

A NewEra Store would work. For Lids being in every mall. In Arizona, Lids is not only in every mall, they are in the worst strip malls. The stores in Phoenix are called HatClub. They are the Number one seller on Newera west of the Mississippi. They located in Az, Nor Cal, So Cal, and Texas. Lids is a East Coast thing, and overrated on the west coast.

Put a NewEra store in the same mall as Lids, Lids would go under in within a year or two in that mall. If Lids couldn't sell NewEra they would be nothing. All they sell are program hats which are made in China and not in the plants in New York and Alambama.

well being there are about 45 LIDS/HW stores in Texas and about the Same number in Cali alone. i would have to respectfully dissagree about LIDS/HW being an East Coast thing. Plus we have just put stores north of the board in Canada and internationally in Puerto Rico, Hong Kong(in some department stores)

I dont think a NE store would put them out of bussines. many have tried Pro Image, Hat Shack, HatClub and none have really have sussceded. Maybe the areas you live have horrible LIDS/HW i am sorry. but you come to an SouthEastern Lids and we'll show you how its done. we do Customer Service right.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

see heres where the problem lies. you think all they will sell will be the 59fifty but that wont be the case. NE offers a broader line of caps that are similar to many of the other popular brands such as TWINS Enterprise and Top oF the World. Sure their main focus will be the 59fifty line being that it is their most popular hat line. but it wont be the only thing they will be selling.

Similar to Twins Enterprise, yes. But of a vastly inferior quality. :P

Still, your point is well taken. New Era makes lots of styles of caps, although like Hat World, their business is largely predicated on licensed and branded sports team apparel.

I'll go when it opens and we'll see what they have to offer.

Oh, and the existence of a New Era store should in no way suggest that they won't sell their caps wholesale to other retailers anymore. That's just not logical - did Nike suddenly decide that Niketown would have the exclusive right to sell sneakers?

I think you're probably right - it's likely to be more about variations on a few caps than about a wide selection of caps.

But we'll see.  I'll go, to see if they have the Brewers' Sunday alt in a low-profile....

It seems almost impossible to find low profile 5950 hats anymore. If anyone knows of a place, please share. The newera website only has like 8 teams and limited sizing.

kom22

I think you're probably right - it's likely to be more about variations on a few caps than about a wide selection of caps.

But we'll see.  I'll go, to see if they have the Brewers' Sunday alt in a low-profile....

It seems almost impossible to find low profile 5950 hats anymore. If anyone knows of a place, please share. The newera website only has like 8 teams and limited sizing.

kom22

Just how much lower are these hats? They've got the Cubs home in my size, and I would be interested in picking it up, but have a thing about hats too low on my head... The regular 59Fifty's aren't too bad, but i don't want to spend $30 on a hat I won't wear, either...

Moose

Bama, I'm not sure they are making them, because they've just come out with a line of 3930 hats that are wool and look like the game hats but flexfit (kind of like the Twins' 'closer' hats, but a little less in the quality department) and with a team script logo instead of the MLB logo.

And TC, you're right. I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC last week, and going into a Lids' store down there (I was in 3) is far more welcoming and the employees couldn't do enough to help you find what you were looking for.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Bama, I'm not sure they are making them, because they've just come out with a line of 3930 hats that are wool and look like the game hats but flexfit (kind of like the Twins' 'closer' hats, but a little less in the quality department) and with a team script logo instead of the MLB logo.

And TC, you're right. I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC last week, and going into a Lids' store down there (I was in 3) is far more welcoming and the employees couldn't do enough to help you find what you were looking for.

thanks. thats the district that i work in. and we pride our selves in our Customer service.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• 2 weeks later...

kom22

Just how much lower are these hats? They've got the Cubs home in my size, and I would be interested in picking it up, but have a thing about hats too low on my head... The regular 59Fifty's aren't too bad, but i don't want to spend $30 on a hat I won't wear, either...

Moose

They sit higher behind the ear. The 5950 on me pushes my ears out because its so low, but the low profile hats fit more comfortably. They fit almost identically to the batting practice caps, except they are wool, and aren't made of cheap mesh.

kom22

Archived