Michelle Wie

TBGKon

Though I have no problem with women playing in men's PGA events, I do feel that before Wie tries to play in men's events that she should make a name for herself in LPGA events.

What do you all think on this subject?

I think that if she qualifies for the men's events or is given a sponsors exemption, she should be allowed to play in any PGA even she can. I am rooting for her to qualify for the U.S. Open so she can go and be blown out of the water and finish dead last, showing how difficult it will be to succeed at that level. I hope it makes her raise her game to 2004 Annika Sorenstam levels and dominate the LPGA for years.

Either way, I'm tired of hearing about her and Danica Patrick. Wake me when she (either of 'em) wins something.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

She should be allowed to compete in men's events. And men should be allowed to compete in women's events. It's quite the double standard to force men's events to be open for women but not the other way around.

Given time, I think more and more women will start making the cuts at men's tournaments. I don't think they'll win any, because the strongest men will be outdriving the strongest women. On an average course, the difference is negligible. But on a long course like Bethpage Black, or the Masters, the strongest women will still be at a large disadvantage.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

But on a long course like Bethpage Black, or the Masters, the strongest women will still be at a large disadvantage.

That's making the assumption women will ever be allowed to play at Augusta National. Ha! B)

Michelle Wie is a teenager, and is playing at a very high level on the LPGA tour right now. The PGA Tour will continue to host her at the occasional tourney as long as she's viewed as "good for the game". She's going to increase the number of people paying attention to the PGA AND the LPGA Tour, which is both good for the sport and good for ratings on TV (thus ad dollars spent).

As long as she qualifies or gets a sponsor's exemption, I say good luck to her. Makes watching the game even more interesting to me.

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

Though I have no problem with women playing in men's PGA events, I do feel that before Wie tries to play in men's events that she should make a name for herself in LPGA events.

What do you all think on this subject?

I agree completely.

Annika Sorenstam should be the one trying to make the Mens tour Events

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived