NC State Wolfpack getting an updated look?

jefrsn

I think the black between the S and the N and C helped the N and C "pop" more.

If by 'pop' you mean 'gets lost in the S,' then yes, the N and C popped more in the old logo. The new one is infinitely better, and here's why:

A. It's simpler. There are fewer lines for the brain to process, resulting in a less complex and less cluttered image. It commmunicates with the viewer more efficiently because of its simplicity.

B. The irregularity in the S has been fixed. This is something that's always bugged me about the old logo. Check the black outline to the left of the C. See the white space that leads into the C? Now, look at the outline to the right of the N. It's all black there because the pieces of the S are closer together. The new S is symmetrical. Both areas have the outlines join at the ends of the S.

C. The N and C are bigger. I've long thought they should be more prominent elements of the logo, and finally, my wish has come true.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived