NC State Wolfpack getting an updated look?

jefrsn

from what I see, I prefer the updated mascot wolf...this is a better cleanup job than the new Bucky-and that was a great update. the realistic wolves on the rock, however, don't really do anything for me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Don't you realize that you have violated multiple levels of security by revealing this logo before N.C. State and the designers wanted you to do so? You are clearly a designer wannabe who has no respect for the profession and what goes into marketing and branding.

:upside:

P.S. I'm not so fond of the cockeyed/TMJ-wracked jaw on the wolf, but everything else looks sharp. Has the jaw always been like that?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

and a few that look like Northern Illinois or South Dakota

NCSU_TR_3C_NCState_3Wolves.gifNCSU_TR_3C_NCState_Wolf.gif

Yeah, those definitely look like South Dakota's logos.

O/T, but I saw Emory University's new marks on Trademarx; they're pretty good. I'd never seen a release or report on them...I guess it's because they're a D-III school.

Look like Northern Illinois or are almost identical to?

not really, just slightly similar. NIU's husky is more stylized than these wolves are, and said wolves are on a rock as opposed to directly on the wordmark...most notably, the NIU husky is always portrayed as looking in some direction, while the foremost wolf is howling, and the other two wolves are looking either directly at you or in a 3/4 view.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Has NC State officially dropped the diamond logo? I see it on some new merchandise (mostly hats and tshirts) but they never use it anymore in official graphics.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Don't you realize that you have violated multiple levels of security by revealing this logo before N.C. State and the designers wanted you to do so?  You are clearly a designer wannabe who has no respect for the profession and what goes into marketing and branding.

It is not I who have revealed anything early but Trademarxonline.com. That is why I posted this thread. They have done this in the past on a few occasions, too. Their site is not restricted, I did not reveal anything that isn't available to the public to view. I am a designer of 15 years with great respect for my profession. I simply posted a thread about what I found at a public site. If you want to find fault, find it with TrademarxOnline for posting them.

Has NC State officially dropped the diamond logo? I see it on some new merchandise (mostly hats and tshirts) but they never use it anymore in official graphics.

Yeah. It was dropped 2-3 years ago in favor of the block style "NC" inside the "S," which they had used previously.

Call me a fan of the new look, particularly if it replaces rather than just joins the old one. NC State's logos all look dated, and this is a nice update and upgrade.

nav-logo.png

Don't you realize that you have violated multiple levels of security by revealing this logo before N.C. State and the designers wanted you to do so?  You are clearly a designer wannabe who has no respect for the profession and what goes into marketing and branding.

It is not I who have revealed anything early but Trademarx.com. That is why I posted this thread. They have done this in the past on a few occasions, too. Their site is not restricted, I did not reveal anything that isn't available to the public to view. I am a designer of 15 years with great respect for my profession. I simply posted a thread about what I found at a public site. If you want to find fault, find it with TrademarxOnline for posting them.

I was actually trying to have a little fun by being sarcastic about some recent posts on the issue of leaks (thus the upside down smilie toward the bottom of my post). I apologize for any misunderstanding. I wasn't implying that you did anything wrong or, more importantly, that you are actually a "designer wannabe." Sorry, again.

Meanwhile, having read through your post again, I realized that all you did was bring to our attention something that was already public. So, to add to any misunderstading, it also looks like my sarcasm was misplaced. Sorry one more time.

:peace:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Hey, I often read the boards, but have never posted. Anyways, as a future NC State student, I'll be happy to share more about the new logos. About 3 years ago, NC State conducted a survey to see what fans thought about the current logo. I suppose that after this long time, they have decided to change the logo. AS far as I'm aware, the logo was changed about the third week of April.

However, I saw a post stating that there has been no announcement from the school. And yes, while there has been no announcement, they have been on the NCSU website for quite some time, on the school trademarks page. Which can be found here: My Webpage

Also, if you go to the Wolfpack athletic website, Go Pack, you will notice that in the upper left hand corner, the block S is the new logo, not the old one. The major difference in the 2 logos is the wider N and C and the filled in C.

Go Pack!

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

I think the new wolf on rock logos greatly reduce the amount of red in their look. I thought red and white were the primary, with black as an accent. These undo that to some extent.

I also don't know if I like the little accents on the wordmark letters. It's almost unnecessary. I know Machine Bold isn't all that exciting, but maybe it's just the "N" that's throwing me off.

Overall, they aren't bad at all, though. 'Bout time they got a more consistant graphic identity going.

It is not I who have revealed anything early but Trademarx.com. That is why I posted this thread. They have done this in the past on a few occasions, too. Their site is not restricted, I did not reveal anything that isn't available to the public to view. I am a designer of 15 years with great respect for my profession. I simply posted a thread about what I found at a public site. If you want to find fault, find it with TrademarxOnline for posting them.

I was actually trying to have a little fun by being sarcastic about some recent posts on the issue of leaks (thus the upside down smilie toward the bottom of my post). I apologize for any misunderstanding. I wasn't implying that you did anything wrong or, more importantly, that you are actually a "designer wannabe." Sorry, again.

Meanwhile, having read through your post again, I realized that all you did was bring to our attention something that was already public. So, to add to any misunderstading, it also looks like my sarcasm was misplaced. Sorry one more time.

:peace:

Yeah, you jerk. Keep your "Sense of humor" to yourself.

Particularly if it isnt gonna at least be funny. :upside:

Jefrsn, thanks for the heads up.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The URL is http://www.trademarxonline.com

They have some collgegs represented on there.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

NCStateWolfpack5.GIFNCSU_PM_2C_MonoS.gif

NC-State-Logo.jpgNCSU_PM_2C_Body.gif

Quite a bit. Infinitely better.

As a State alum, I must say I've got mixed feelings about this. Tempest, I agree that the new Mr. Wuf looks great and is a welcomed improvement, but I really don't like the new Block-S. It looks flattened. The first one has better proportions, IMO, and I think the black between the S and the N and C helped the N and C "pop" more.

I also don't like the "NC State" wordmark. It doesn't match the style of the Block-S logo, especially since it's just red and black (no white outline between).

And I REALLY don't like the two "Wolfpack" logos. Don't like the introduction of gray into the scheme (the football team tried gray pants for one season, then thankfully quit that). And they do look way to similar to other schools' logos.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived