Richmond Tobacco Leafs

BrianVlietDesign

Not that it's too green--hell, if so many teams in pro sports can make blue and blue work, why not green and green--the issue is that, at least in my (non-professional) eyes, the greens are too close to each other. So it's a little painful on the eye to separate the values.

I like what you got here...just a suggestion though: maybe try starting with a base shade of green--if you can somehow conjure up a "tobacco" swatch, that'd kill--and compliment it with a lighter shade of green other than lime--MINT, maybe? (just an idea, since you're taking the "botanist" route with this concept... :D) And then use the white as a trim. (Or, use the white as a compliment and the "mint", or whatever lighter shade of green you end up using, as the trim.)

One other thing: shrink down the size of the logos on the jersey--the shoulders and the chest logo--they just a bit on the big side. And maybe kinda fan out those tobacco leaves a tadbit, to add a little more "shape" to it...

As far as the alt, I'm not sold on the logo going over one shoulder. And I don't know how well that upper-chest number would work on a hockey jersey. I do kinda like the "Richmond" on the sleeve, a la Atlanta's "True Blues". (What would you call your alt--"mean green?" Unless UNT finds out and wants to give you some problems a la TX A&M and the 12th man bs, i think that'd be a GOOD IDEA.)

I can see a vision for these, and with the right tweaks, you'd have an awesome set going. Keep it up Winger...Imma be following these.

p.s. bonus points for replicating the actual color of the tape on the socks. 2 THUMBS UP!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I second Bucco's remarks. It's not too much green, it's the wrong shades of green.

For the darker green, you need a much darker color. Something more like the color of a tobacco leaf. The dark green MLB's A's and Rays use would be about right. I'd use CMYK values of about 100,0,56,69.

For the lighter green, you'll have a clash on your hands if you use anything nearly as bright as what you've got. I think something in more of a pastel green would work. I'd use CMYK values of about either 30,0,18,0 or 24,0,24,0.

Also, I'd reverse the greens on the socks with the all-green jersey.

20082614447.png

I agree with all other comments, and also add that it would be better if you made a new alternate logo instead of just editing the Toronto Maple Leafs' alternate logo.

VmWIn6B.png

Wow, thank you for your constructive criticism, they are duly noted. I really appreciate your compliments.

Not a problem kin. That's what we (well, most of us) here for--to help each other out.

It is a REAL UNIQUE team name to be sure. (If Toronto can be the Maple Leafs, why not have TOBACCO LEAFS in Tobacco road? Works.) And if you let your brain take you there, there's a lot of different ways you can go with an idea like this.

One little note I will make, though: referencing BallWonk's CMYK suggestions, I think those hues would work good for your concept. Just one thing: if you wanna print these for say a portfolio or something, or to display, yeah--work it in CMYK. But if it's just for show via computer screen, it's a good idea to switch the document over to RGB (the colors will show up a little more vividly on-screen since RGB is light-based and CMYK is ink-based.) The other thing is that saving your work in RGB won't make it as large a file-size as CMYK (and thus it won't be so large when come time to post.) Just a little knowledge I picked up in my Computer Illustration class here at school.

Keep up the good work kin...maybe one of these days I can actually get around to posting MY concepts...IF I can ever finish them.

-B

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not too bad. two greens together are not bad, but the lime you have chosen is somewhat too bright. Mabe tone it down a bit. It almost looks florescent or neon. The other thing I noticed is the micro-detail in the logo, I think you are trying to go to scientific and detailed. Mabe break the leaf up into shapes like this Notre dame zephyr logo :

31-36846-P.jpg

The alternate looks out of order, i'm reading LT instead of TL, and in your word mark try scaling the wording down a bit. Put tabacco on one side and leaves on the other side. The O is lost within leaf. Good job so far, keep working on it and this will be a unique concept.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

Archived