Denver Broncos win World Bowl...

i just saw some highlights, i am surpise you guys didn't mention that nobody wore any 'away' whites? Both teams played in thier home jerseys.

Well it is Europe.

Usually in European sports both teams will wear their darks unless the colors are conflicting. Then the away team will switch.

While you complain about NFL Europe?s uniforms: How about some new concepts?

For example the Rhein Fire uniform:

chang1mu.jpg

Think it?s generally OK. Black helmet, burgundy jersey, black pants.

They use white sox with two black stripes. Would replace them with complete burgundy colored ones.

Hate the three stripes concept the league uses on all on all of it?s teams pants. Would like to see some stripes in the way which the original WLAF used in 1991-92. Maybe ?flip" the pants concept which the Birmingham Fire used (They had white pants). Between burgundy and white there should be the color yellow/gold (which is used on the flame logo) in the pants stripes.

I would keep the jersey simply burgundy. Instead of placing the complete Fire logo on the sleeves I would just put the flame on it. The way it is used on the side of the pants. I like the numbers which GMS1122 used for his San Antonio Copperheads concept. White numbers double framed with black and the yellow/gold color the Fire uses.

Wow, I kike those unis. I love the whole concept, from the helmet to the jersey to the pants. The colors are very cool as well. It's a bit of a clash of darks colors. But, I like it. It works for me.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

All:

I hate to say this, but I go to Europe every year, and I really understand what's going on there. Firstly, a little lesson about American football in Europe. Its a hard sell, no question about it and if the NFL would consider being number 2, then the product would be alright. Having said that, they will be stabilizing rosters with a continuity program. The National players are doing well (Phillipe Gadent of France was co-defensive MVP this year). Football does well in various cities. The Vienna Vikings draw well, the Geneva Seahawks draw well, and in some cities, 10,000 at a game is more than acceptible. The league needs to play in smaller venues and Leipzig will seat 30,000 when finished. Belgium is making progress, as is Budapest. The league will look to the east in the future. Football does well in Marsailles and Paris. Its done well in Northern Italy. The Stockholm Mean Machine draws well also.

The problems with NFL E are that there is a disconnect between the league and the fans. There were no t-shirts, jackets etc. available in Dusseldorf for World Bowl week. Some of the stuff designed there, especially the Galaxy jackets are way cool. So are the baseball shirts.

You might not like purple and orange as a combo, but Galaxy fans sure do.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived