Julio Franco

baseballking99

Julio Franco has to be one of the best athletes ever. At the age of 47(48 in August) he is able to play with guys who weren't even born when he was a rookie. And not only is he playing with guys half his age he plays better than them. As of right now Julio is batting .349 and I believe he is leading the league in pinch hits. During today's game Julio added another pinch hit single and stole second. How many 47 year olds do you think are able to steal a base at the major league level? What really amazes me is what great shape he keeps himself. He is one of the strongest and best hitters on the Mets. And thats saying alot because the Mets have four potential All-Star Starters.(Wright, Lo Duca, Delgado and Beltran). Who agrees with me that Julio is one of the best athletes ever?

yankees-1.png

Well... it is baseball :)

Gordie Howe was playing in the NHL when he was 51, he gets the nod over Franco in my eyes.

Thats true

but thats why i said one of the greatest. Right now he's ahead but i'll wait until i see how far Julio can take this before my final rankings.

yankees-1.png

Well... it is baseball :)

Gordie Howe was playing in the NHL when he was 51, he gets the nod over Franco in my eyes.

Thats true

but thats why i said one of the greatest. Right now he's ahead but i'll wait until i see how far Julio can take this before my final rankings.

If Julio plays until he's 60 I'll rank him ahead of Howe.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

franco was interviewed by a philly sports station last nite (CSN) and he said hes going to play until hes at least 50. then after that he would think about it, but the thing is were not 100% sure about his age, he could be 10 years older and only he would know

Franco's probably the only player lying to make himself sound older ;)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived