Millersville Marauders concept

PhilliesPhan1325

Not bad for a first attempt.

I'll leave all comments about production (i.e. cleanlieness of lines/colors in a concept) for later, you'll learn those as you go along. What I will comment on is the design. Completely apeing a MLB team's identity is something that is done quite often in college baseball, and here is a case where it actually works both locally (nice tie-in with the Pittsburgh Pirates) and for the school (since their colors are the same as the Pirates, it works rather well). There are two revisions I'd make if these were mine: removing the number from the sleeve (showing it once on the front is more than sufficient) and putting some kind of secondary logo patch on the sleeve in place of the removed number.

And what's the "Calder Cup Champions" crap in your sig? It's only 3-2 Hershey right now :P

QPR%20Sig.png

murders uuuummmmmmmmm.... no especially for a universitry

Read it again, hoss. MARAUDERS. Like a pirate. Plundering before killing, and all that. But at least your commentary on the concept was insightful, and will really help improve the finished project... <_<

As for my 2 cents:

ME LIKEY: general design; Pirates motif - it works on so many levels in this case; the cap logo; scrapping the redundant shoulder number.

ME NO LIKEY: 2 alternates (one is an alternate, any more than that, you're working on a fashion wardrobe - and I know dozens of teams are guilty of this); light-colored brims on the alternate cap (light colors really show dirt/sweat a lot more than the darker colors, and the darker colors do show that stuff).

QUESTION: Is the striping on the pants consistent throughout? I couldn't say for sure because of resolution issues. I thought it was...

SUGGESTION: The "'Ville" shoulder patch is pretty sweet. It'd look great serving as the wordmark on an alternate, and would break up the all-Pirate font theme, and would be noticeably different from the other uniforms, given the difference in word lengths. You could make that work really well on the black alt.

Nice work!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i think the wordmarks on the front are much too long, and the yellow is too harsh... i'd add a little bit more orange tint to the yellow. make it more golden than highlighter.

i love the hat logo.

Archived