MIAMI HEAT: 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS!

rmackman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So WSU, you're saying it was a fairly called series and each team got their share of breaks and bad calls? 

I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering if this would be your opinion.

pflava, I'm going to admit to you that I was pulling for the Heat, so if you want to dismiss my ideas based on that, okay, but I'm trying to be as objective as possible. An honest and respectful question deserves an honest and respectful response.

I'll admit the Heat got some calls. But I also think the Mavs got some calls.

With that, I don't think the officiating was demonstrably one sided in favor of the Heat. Both teams got breaks, in my opinion. The problem with this series is that the breaks that Miami got were so much more magnified because of the situation. If Wade's play at the end of Game 5 happened just before the first quarter ended...no one says a peep about it, and in the same vain, that's why I think the Mavericks' breaks are forgotten.

Game 5 wasn't the most balanced game and I understand why Dallas fans would be frustrated...but I don't think that officiating should be their #1 concern on why the Mavs lost the series. Even with that "shady" call at the end, Wade still had to make the free throws at the end of Game 5, and he's not nearly as good as Nowitzki, Terry, Howard, etc - see the end of Game 6. And the officials did not pressure Howard into taking a timeout that ruined the Mavericks' inbound plans. They called what they saw.

The other five games were officiated like I would expect. Ticky-tacks here and there, and non-calls here and there, and tons of calls that are without a doubt correct. That's the NBA. And all this is my opinion, so take it for what it's worth. Just know that it's right :D:P

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I kinda figured you were pulling for the Heat. And it's obvious I was biased toward the Mavs. I agree that if some of those calls hadn't happened at such key moments, they'd be forgotten. And I understand, regrettably, that the Mavericks had total meltdowns in crunch time when they had several chances to put the series away with a win.

As an aside, while it was REALLY crappy to lose game 6, it was a unique experience seeing a team win a title in person. I stayed for the entire trophy presentation, and then randomly walked past Terrell Owens on the way out. Wild night.

Just for fun:

walkerugh.gif

BROKEMAVS.jpg

wtfbbqcelts.jpg

cuban2.jpg

wednesday.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

All I know is that the Mavericks were settling for pull-up jumpers for 8 of 16 quarters in the last four games, and all of those quarters happened to be the third and fourth ones. Serisouly, if you're not willing to attack the basket, why should you expect to get any fouls?

Don't get upset with Dwyane Wade just because he plays with heart. Don't get upset with Udonis Haslem because he's scary. Get upset that Nowitzki is the only guy willing to attack the rim, and even then, not much. Two points in the fourth quarter? In a desperation game? When you've got a chance to tie or win? And you're supposed to be an MVP candidate? Please. If Dirk's so great, why was Jason Terry taking the last shot?

I was a big Knicks fan until I interned for the Wizards (that changed my allegiances -- and I think that's allowed). I used to HATE the Heat. Totally and completely. I hated Riley's dumb hair, his stupid ice-water shenanigans, and his putting big blow-up posters of NBA rings in the Heat locker room. I hated Alonzo's kidney, Tim Hardaway's knee, and the shooting of Jamal Mashburn and Dan Marleje. I was happy when Anthony Mason and Brian Grant both ended up being busts in Miami and I was ecstatic when the team completely fell apart a few years ago.

However, I was also rooting for them two nights ago.. It was completely obvious that they wanted it more. While Devin Harris and Josh Howard were making dumb plays and Stackhouse and Terry were shooting bricks, James Posey, Antoine Walker and Gary Payton (of all people) were making plays.

Losers blame the officiating. If Dallas wanted more calls to go its way, maybe they shouldn't have played like they were in the WNBA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

wtfbbqcelts.jpg

Greatest. Pic. In This Thread.

:notworthy:

But I've said it once, I'll say it again: The Miami Heat are :censored: ing awesome. I hated them until Game 6, in which I realized that they did the one thing that I thought the Mavericks did well, and that's play as a team and know their roles. So yeah, behind the Celtics, Heat are now my #2 favorite team.

Archived