('(...´...´.... ¯_/'...'/

.\.................'...../

..'\'...\.......... _.·´

....\..............(

FU[]K NAVY!

GO ARMY!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If either Army or Navy had ANY talent what-so-ever... then it'd be the best rivalry.

Records and talent don't always matter.... in fact the best rivalrys are the rivalrys that are still heated and continued, eventhough the talent had faded and diminished...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If either Army or Navy had ANY talent what-so-ever... then it'd be the best rivalry.

Records and talent don't always matter.... in fact the best rivalrys are the rivalrys that are still heated and continued, eventhough the talent had faded and diminished...

Agreed, hence my position that a poll that omits MU-KU is bogus.

The talent levels of the teams are oftentimes irrelevant.  If both teams suck (as MU and KU often have) then the games are still competitive.  And even when one team is good and one team not so good (like this year's bowl bound Tigers and mediocre Jayhawks) the records go out the window and you wind up with a result like this year's lopsided KU win.  Matter of fact, there have been a number of years where an outmatched KU team has beaten a bowl-bound Mizzou squad.  It's cost at least 2 coaches their jobs.

Really, the MU-KU basketball rivalry has only been hot for about the last 30 years. Prior to that, MU really didn't have any type of basketball reputation. For some reason, however, MU and KU have generally been on par wih each other in football which I guess explains why the rivalry record is a tie after 100+ years.

Hey, that's Post 755 for me.  Here's to you, Hank Aaron.

Archived