Colorado Rockies Concept

LEWJ

That's nice. It's better than what they have now because it actually reminds me of Rockies, and I can't think of any other team in the MLB that has brown as a major color in their scheme right now, so it's unique as well. So it works. I'd like to see them go to this.

That looks more like a desert scheme, something that would fit Diamond Backs better. When I think of the Rockies I think purple,"Purple Mountain Majesty", forest green and white. I think the colors they use now are ok it is the logo package that sucks.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Purple mountains is what it's all about. This brown and tan just doesn't work for me. Design change would be fine, but the colors need to stay.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Brown and tan makes me think of the Rockies' division rival in San Diego. When you name a team after a geographical feature immortalized in song as "purple mountains' majesty", purple has to be in your palette. Minimize it if you wish, but it has to be there. Period.

Complement it with forest green, as was said. Or metallic gold in honor of the Gold Rush and the mining history of Colorado. (Or silver, as the team has done.) Tan/brown is the landscape of a desert area IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived