Sketch-a-thon I voting

Lumbergh

I just figured out the final standings, but we should wait for milt to post them. I have them all typed up if you just want me to post them, but I think we should wait for the host and guy who knows what the prizes are.

P.S. 8th/15 is a lot better than I thought I would do!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry, all my internet went out, and i'm at the library:

TEAM (x3)(X2)(X1)

1. Muskegon Woodsmen.......(20)(6)(7)...79 (66% Ballot Presence)

2. Duluth Polar Bears......(9)(17)(12)...73 (76% Ballot Presence)

3. Erie Death..............(9)(8)(7)...66 (48% Ballot Presence)

4. Gary Thrillers..........(5)(10)(10)...45 (50% Ballot Presence)

5. Muskegon Silversides....(3)(2)(4)...17 (18% Ballot Presence)

6. Sandusky Wildcats.......(2)(2)(2)...12 (12% Ballot Presence)

7. Waukegan Warning........(0)(3)(3)...9 (12% Ballot Presence)

8. Racine Kringlemakers....(1)(1)(3)...8 (10% Ballot Presence)

9. Thunder Bay Storm.......(1)(0)(0)...3 (2% Ballot Presence)

10. Erie Beacons............(0)(1)(0)...2 (2% Ballot Presence)

T11. Gary Moonwalkers........(0)(0)(1)...1 (2% Ballot Presence)

T11. Oswego Sailors..........(0)(0)(1)...1 (2% Ballot Presence)

T13. Erie Rollers............(0)(0)(0)...0 (0% Ballot Presence)

T13. Sarnia Rapids...........(0)(0)(0)...0 (0% Ballot Presence)

T13. Flint Gems..............(0)(0)(0)...0 (0% Ballot Presence)

congrats to ltravisjr on the victory, and gregjigga5 and RiverStyx on placing, i will send prizes soon.

Wow, I can't believe I snuck away with one here! Anyone among three or four could have legitimately won this one and I knew it would be a tight one from the start. Thanks to all who voted, whether for me or not, and congratulations to gregjigga5, RiverStyx, and everyone else who submitted concepts to make such a hard fought contest!

LT

Congrats to the winners, and to the 3 I voted for

Muskegon Silversides

Waukegan Warning

Thunder Bay Storm.

They finished 5, 7 & 9.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Who did the Warning or the Silversides? (I think it was the same person.) I wanted to see about getting one of my jerseys on the player model.

Congrats to the winners and all participants. Thanks to milt for hosting the contest, it was a fun one for my first. Thanks especially for those of you who voted for the Racine Kringlemakers. Woo-hoo! We're number eight! We're number eight!

For everyone who didn't vote for the Kringlemakers, I suggest you go out and try some kringle.

PECAN.JPG

http://www.ohdanishbakery.com/

Who did the Warning or the Silversides? (I think it was the same person.) I wanted to see about getting one of my jerseys on the player model.

Congrats to the winners and all participants. Thanks to milt for hosting the contest, it was a fun one for my first. Thanks especially for those of you who voted for the Racine Kringlemakers. Woo-hoo! We're number eight! We're number eight!

For everyone who didn't vote for the Kringlemakers, I suggest you go out and try some kringle.

PECAN.JPG

http://www.ohdanishbakery.com/

I did the Warning entry, and the vector player template is in my sig.

Enjoy.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Thanks to everyone(Stampman) for voting for the Thunder Bay Storm!

And to answer a previous post, I did do some research on the city and wikipedia said that the city was named Thunder Bay because of the Native americans who lived there thought it was a place where it would storm a lot.

It is nice when people come up with relevant names and identities. I think that the Thunder Bay Storm was a great name. Remember from the post that started it all?

- The names should reflect some of the cities' past or culture.

Some of them don't seem entirely relevant, as if the name could be used in any number of different towns. (Erie Death is forgivably so because of the namesake of the phrase.)

Also, rmered, thank you for the tip on the template. I never knew it, but we have Adobe Illustrator on my dad's eMac. So, here was my first go at it. It looks like this:

AGuyInAwayJerseyPNG.png

It is nice when people come up with relevant names and identities. I think that the Thunder Bay Storm was a great name. Remember from the post that started it all?
- The names should reflect some of the cities' past or culture.

Some of them don't seem entirely relevant, as if the name could be used in any number of different towns. (Erie Death is forgivably so because of the namesake of the phrase.)

Also, rmered, thank you for the tip on the template. I never knew it, but we have Adobe Illustrator on my dad's eMac. So, here was my first go at it. It looks like this:

AGuyInAwayJerseyPNG.png

That's what I was thinking too. I was responcible for the Sandusky Wildcats. Sandusky is located on Lake Erie in Erie County. Erie is an Indian name for wildcat.

As long as we are offering explanations of our team names, I chose "Woodsmen" for Muskegon because the town was originally a logging town and built quite a bit of wealth from it around the turn of the 20th century (especially in helping rebuild Chicago after the great fire).

FNZ51- I like that color combo. Although I think of gray and blue for storms, I still like those two colors and they look good on a basketball uniform.

Rmered - That was a fantastic concept. and I thought it had a chance to win when I first saw it. That template really gives it a clean, professional look.

I can tell everyone put a lot of effort and thought into their work. It made for a great contest.

LT

Thanks to everyone, i had a blast, and i know there were some fantastic concepts. Right now the logolympiad is coming up, so i encourage all to enter. The sketch-a-thon will not die after this, i plan on many more of these, and expect it to be a major contest. So, expect the sketch-a-thon II in the future :grin:

Archived