Ravens alternate on helmet?

Krona

I was at an antique store a coupla days back when i saw this promo lunchbox for football cards from 1999. all NFL helmets were displayed on the sides, but what caught my eye was the Ravens helmet with this alternate forward view raven head. ive seen many concepts like this on the boards, but never on officially liscensed merchandise. ive been on plenty of raven threads and never heard about this. im sure this was an option, but was it actually an last minute decision??

I was at an antique store a coupla days back when i saw this promo lunchbox for football cards from 1999. all NFL helmets were displayed on the sides, but what caught my eye was the Ravens helmet with this alternate forward view raven head. ive seen many concepts like this on the boards, but never on officially liscensed merchandise. ive been on plenty of raven threads and never heard about this. im sure this was an option, but was it actually an last minute decision??

The team thought about it and even let fans vote on 3 helmets designs that used the alternate logos of the time. The profile Raven (the original version) won big time, but the Modells wanted to figure out a way to incorporate Baltimore more...thus the B. Also, David Modell made several comments about wanting more purple in the design (the original Raven profile was black), so the new primary was created.

It's a solid look that you see EVERYWHERE in Baltimore. You should see their new practice/office complex...that logo is etched in everything. Don't look for any major changes ANY time soon.

The team thought about it and even let fans vote on 3 helmets designs that used the alternate logos of the time. The profile Raven (the original version) won big time, but the Modells wanted to figure out a way to incorporate Baltimore more...thus the B. Also, David Modell made several comments about wanting more purple in the design (the original Raven profile was black), so the new primary was created.

It's a solid look that you see EVERYWHERE in Baltimore. You should see their new practice/office complex...that logo is etched in everything. Don't look for any major changes ANY time soon.

This was the profile that was included in the vote. I voted for it because I thought it flowed better on the side of a helmet. However, if I had known it would morph into the current logo, I wouldn't have voted for it. I like the one in the original post much better.

BAL_320.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived