Saint's new jersey patch

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[edit]Not going to dogpile on skyaa1, but to dogpile on the geographic bashing (Yes, yes, I know I started it) but if you superimpose it on a map that star is somewhere in Plaquemines parish.

Check out Chris' image

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Football/NFL/NO_915.gif

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The state of Louisiana apologizes for looking like a foot...

No we don't. You need to take it up with John Quincy Adams and Thomas Jefferson (Who set up the boundaries for the state).

Of course, being of the geographically-inclined ilk, I still want to know how inebriated you have to be to design that logo, as to say it has a passing resemblance to the state is an insilt to passing resemblances. Though, amusingly enough, the placement of the star puts New Orleans somewhere on the edge of Barataria Bay. Perhaps the coastal erosion folks were onto something...

Nope, it was Mayor Nagan annexing all of Southeast Louisiana, and then going to hide under a bed in the Hyatt.

dodgers-1.png

Unless this patch commerated something, they need to toss it. more likely it is Tom Benson kissing up to Louisiana for talking of moving the team last year. With logos on the sleeve, their is no reason to add it to the chest.

If the Saints wanted a patch on their uniform jerseys, why not one to commemorate the Saints' 40 seasons in the NFL (the team first played in 1967, thus making the 2006 season the Saints' 40th). At least they could have put something on the Louisiana patch on the jersey.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

Unless this patch commerated something, they need to toss it. more likely it is Tom Benson kissing up to Louisiana for talking of moving the team last year. With logos on the sleeve, their is no reason to add it to the chest.

If the Saints wanted a patch on their uniform jerseys, why not one to commemorate the Saints' 40 seasons in the NFL (the team first played in 1967, thus making the 2006 season the Saints' 40th). At least they could have put something on the Louisiana patch on the jersey.

That's what is bizarre about this patch. Their website says nothing other than that they'll wear the patch this season...nothing about why, what it represents, or anything else. :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Nope, it was Mayor Nagan annexing all of Southeast Louisiana, and then going to hide under a bed in the Hyatt.

Sounds about right. :D

And skyaa1, why are you surprised? It's the Saints we're talking about!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hey, be nice.

Talk about feeling dumb. The patch they're wearing is different from the old jersey sleeve logo in that it has the Saints wordmark. I was thinking the whole time, "I've seen that before, but where?" So my wife and I were cleaning out a closet and I found a Saints jacket my parents bought me back in the 80's and there it was on the left chest - the "state" logo with the wordmark and the same horrible geographic rendition of Louisiana. So I salute myself for my bloodhound instincts on this one:

homer-doh.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Here's a close up of the patch they were wearing.  Since this logo (with Saints in it) isn't in their offical logo guide, I wonder what the purpose of it is. 

01-7132.jpg

Used this picture, rotated it and superimposed it on a Google Map of Louisiana.

saints.png

Used this picture, rotated it and superimposed it on a Google Map of Louisiana.

saints.png

Dude, I'm in the Gulf of Mexico! :shocked:

• 1 month later...

Dragging this topic from the abyss to merely point out the possible source for the monstrosity that is the Saints' state logo.

La.gif

That is all. ;)

Archived