Saint's new jersey patch

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason, I was never that big of a fan of that logo, back in the 80's (which reminds me... the 80's Saints were the 1st team to go leotard with the pants/sox road combo back then... maybe that's why I didn't like the logo), but now it looks pretty cool. Just not there on the upper chest... put it on the sleeve. Or if they do leave it there, get rid of the other logo on the sleeve... too cluttered.

The state of Louisiana apologizes for looking like a foot...

No we don't. You need to take it up with John Quincy Adams and Thomas Jefferson (Who set up the boundaries for the state).

Of course, being of the geographically-inclined ilk, I still want to know how inebriated you have to be to design that logo, as to say it has a passing resemblance to the state is an insilt to passing resemblances. Though, amusingly enough, the placement of the star puts New Orleans somewhere on the edge of Barataria Bay. Perhaps the coastal erosion folks were onto something...

I was just merely pointing out the ridiculousness of saying that the state looks like a foot. Which smilie is the official sarcasm one again?

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

will they use this on all of the jerseys this year?

by the way, i love the road uni's and think they should use that look for the home games as they did a few years ago. save the black jersey for playoffs or somethings. the white just looks better to me.

SignatureCCSL.png

Some of my pics from the Saints-Titans game, as promised:

When I first saw the Titans, I figured the Saints would have an easy time of it Saturday night:

IMG_9287.jpg

Alas, those were just the pee-wee version who played a little at halftime. :P

As stated previously, Deuce looked thin compared with the last couple of years. Those are his gloves hanging from the facemask.

IMG_9006.jpg

WR Joe Horn and a nice view of the new patch:

IMG_9063.jpg

Reg-gie!

IMG_9028.jpg

This guy got some attention too:

IMG_9257.jpg

More in the next post...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

A close study of the Saints' helmet. At least they're consistent; the gold in the helmet numbers doesn't match the helmet! :wacko:

IMG_9141.jpg

I'm pretty sure these guys were Titans fans. <_<

IMG_9203.jpg

Pacman Jones was animated, as always:

IMG_9299.jpg

One of my favorites. Two Saints trying to keep the Titans' "gunner" from getting downfield on punt coverage.

IMG_9283.jpg

The game wasn't exactly a barn-burner but our seats were awesome (lower level, 10 yard line, 4th row) and we had a blast.

The state of Louisiana apologizes for looking like a foot...

No we don't. You need to take it up with John Quincy Adams and Thomas Jefferson (Who set up the boundaries for the state).

Of course, being of the geographically-inclined ilk, I still want to know how inebriated you have to be to design that logo, as to say it has a passing resemblance to the state is an insilt to passing resemblances. Though, amusingly enough, the placement of the star puts New Orleans somewhere on the edge of Barataria Bay. Perhaps the coastal erosion folks were onto something...

I was just merely pointing out the ridiculousness of saying that the state looks like a foot. Which smilie is the official sarcasm one again?

I'll accept that apology. But, Louisiana shouldn't let it happen again.

Ya know these pages would load a lot faster if you guys would drop all your personal banners!

"Oh I'm lookin' right at you big daddy"!

Hi, I'm your control panel. With me you can choose many options as to how this board is displayed to you. Here is the one that pertains to your current inconvenience.

boardsettings.png

You're welcome and have a great day!

Actually, that's pretty darn good to know! Thanks! (Although there are some pretty sweet banners out there - but some threads wind up getting a tad bit cluttered!)

WOW, you know, I was in here thinking that everyone was just being overly nit-picky, and that the patch looked like Louisiana to me. But after seeing an actual MAP of Louisiana next to the patch... the general boot shape is the ONLY resemblance. the entire coastline is wrong. It's like someone (like me) who doesn't really know what Louisiana looks like, just a general idea, was in charge of drawing a picture of Louisiana for the patch.

Hey... maybe it's not Louisiana. Maybe it's San Antonio. Is San Antonio boot shaped? lol, sorry, just kidding, couldn't resist.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I suppose we have to have the state patch on the jerseys now since the team is attempting to appeal to the whole state once again, and not just New Orleans. Pretty soon, they're gonna want to stick Mississippi next to Louisiana... and then Alabama... and then the panhandle of Florida... then we'll just call them the Gulf Coast Saints and they'll play 2 games in each state...

Well, until that stadium is ready in Los Angeles... *sigh*...no respect...

I'll accept that apology. But, Louisiana shouldn't let it happen again.

Give us 20 more years of coastal erosion, and we'll have it squared away.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Thanks for the kind words on my pics - it was just awesome being down there so close. We walked around to the end zone where the Saints were warming up and it was great.

Ref the geographically challenged patch, that was one of my gripes back when they had it on the sleeves. It comes down to the same basic issue as the mismatched shades of gold - it's an NFL franchise for crying out loud, why can't they get these things right?

I love that new patch. I think it looks great on the front of the jersey, and I think it is at least, in part, to screw over the jersey counterfeiters who have been buying up Saints blanks and Aaron Brooks jerseys cheap and re-making them into Reggie Bush jerseys. Now those guys won't have the patch!

I was wrong about the "state" logo back in the day, because it appears to have Lake Pontchartrain and to be a more accurate representation.

Actually, it looks like it's the same:

666jl3.jpg

888zt7.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I disagree - you can clealy see Lake Pontchartrain on the old-school patch, it shows as a spot of white at the lower right corner of the state on the away jersey and the same in black on the home. The star is in that spot on the new patch but it still looks goofy.

I disagree - you can clealy see Lake Pontchartrain on the old-school patch, it shows as a spot of white at the lower right corner of the state on the away jersey and the same in black on the home.  The star is in that spot on the new patch but it still looks goofy.

Maybe this will make it clearer:

288711nx9.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived