Fantasy Rankings

BaltimoreFan

My redraft money league is having its draft in about 2 weeks. Last year I had a good team. However if I was better prepared on draft night I could have had a much better team. So I was starting my rankings now. Here are a few of the sites I've been using:

www.fftoday.com (great site, but I don't really agree with their rankings, some players are too high IMO)

www.fftoolbox.com (another good site, but multiple writers have differing opinions on some players)

Has anyone else used these sites before? Are there rankings reliable? Also if anyone else has any other sites please post them. Thanks.

Do you know the draft order yet?

If you know you're going to be fairly low in the draft, I'd target the best players in the positions of less depth (TE, K, DEF....however your league is set up), since you know the Peytons and the LaDanians of the draft will most likely be gone early.

i don't use ranking sites or magazines.

i go strictly on gut feeling and my personal knowledge of the game.

But if you want to do it right, ESPN's FF guide should be on your draft-day table. Used it last year and went 14-2 (including playoffs).

QPR%20Sig.png

i don't use wanking sites or magazines.

Uh, Joel, we're talking about fantasy football.

I generally work from the gut in prioritizing the top picks at each position and then tend to revert to a number of the FF websites (which are generally more current than the magazines) for picking guys who will likely be my reserves.

I play exclusively in head-to-head leagues with playoffs, so the key for me has always been to make sure I've got good performers who don't stand much of a chance of getting rested at the end of the season - in other words I try to find players on teams that I presume are going to have to fight just to make the postseason or will be playing only for pride in weeks 16 and 17. I'd also count rookies and backups on teams that are likely headed for first round byes among my top choices for reserve spots. This year I'm angling for DeAngelo Williams. I think Carolina is going to be one of the top 2 in the NFC if not the outright #1 team and thus I can see him getting a lot of play as opposed to DeShaun during those last couple of weeks of the season.

Archived