Magic Number Watch

meetthemets

Anyone who thinks the Mets could beat the best in the AL is strait up stupid. You can dismiss me as a Braves fan, but goddamn, you guys have no sense if you think you can beat the Yankees or the Tigers, or whoever wins the AL.

Yeah it's pretty stupid to think that the team with the best record in baseball has any chance of competing with anyone else in the AL. A team with at least one player in the top 5 of every major offensive category in baseball (that's the NL & AL). A team that split the season series with the Yankees. I mean why not just call off the World Series right now!

You need to have your head examined.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you, sir, need to chill the :censored: out.

You're a Mets fan, great. Enjoy the year, it's been a long time coming, and you have a GREAT, not good, but GREAT GM.

But you get too worked up on this Mets/Braves bull :censored:. In my younger, sports playing days, when people talked :censored: about us, yet we were winning, we would just point and say, "Scoreboard!" Nuff said.

So just point, smile, and say, "And how many games back are you?" Nuff said.

If you don't take it personal, you won't need to get personal, and then we won't have to put up with this crap. It's old, it's tired, and only 5 people here give a damn about the Mets or the Braves.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And you, sir, need to chill the :censored: out.

You're a Mets fan, great. Enjoy the year, it's been a long time coming, and you have a GREAT, not good, but GREAT GM.

But you get too worked up on this Mets/Braves bull :censored:. In my younger, sports playing days, when people talked :censored: about us, yet we were winning, we would just point and say, "Scoreboard!" Nuff said.

So just point, smile, and say, "And how many games back are you?" Nuff said.

If you don't take it personal, you won't need to get personal, and then we won't have to put up with this crap. It's old, it's tired, and only 5 people here give a damn about the Mets or the Braves.

Dude, what are you, three? So don't read the thread anymore. All I started this thread for was to display the Mets magic number countdown. That's it. I wasn't talking trash to anyone. You guys started the :censored: talking, not me. All I've done is respond to anything anyone has said to me. Sorry if that's too much for you to handle. If you can't take it then don't read it. I haven't gotten worked up at all. I've been extremely calm. The guy was trying to tell me that a team that has been dominant the entire season has absolutely no chance to beat any team that comes out of the AL. That is a ridiculous statement. I told him he should have his head examined. Big deal. What's wrong with some friendly banter?

Maybe you'd be better off on The Wiggles bulletin board.

You guys started the :censored: talking, not me.

So where exactly did Greg flame-bait you again? My sensor net's coming up empty.

Maybe you'd be better off on The Wiggles bulletin board.

<Gallic Shrug>Perhaps you should take your own advice.</Gallic Shrug>

Getting all in a huff because someone told you that you should just enjoy the ride doesn't exactly demonstrate an ability to contribute in a mature setting, much less give someone the authority to recommend alternative sources of Internet discussion to a well-respected member of the CCSLC. Besides, who'd want to be on a Wiggles Bulletin Board anyway? One of the band guys is a Kiwi, and that's one too many for anyone...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Come on!? :mad: What are we little kids? This post was started for the countdown of the Mets magic number till they win the division. If you don't have anything good to say, don't start trouble. All of the cursing and stuff isn't neccessary. If it was another team in the same division, sure i'll be mad as a mets fan, but I would have no place to complain. This is getting out of control for no particular reason. And if you aren't going to be apart of any solution for this post, I don't think you should start adding unneccessary comments.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I for one support the Mets' drive for the NL East title. That way, when the Marlins win the Wild Card, they'll have the Mets right where they want them... ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Anyone who thinks the Mets could beat the best in the AL is strait up stupid. You can dismiss me as a Braves fan, but goddamn, you guys have no sense if you think you can beat the Yankees or the Tigers, or whoever wins the AL.

Yeah it's pretty stupid to think that the team with the best record in baseball has any chance of competing with anyone else in the AL. A team with at least one player in the top 5 of every major offensive category in baseball (that's the NL & AL). A team that split the season series with the Yankees. I mean why not just call off the World Series right now!

Again, best record in baseball, against who? Name me three good NL teams that the Mets played this year.

"All I started this thread for was to display the Mets magic number countdown. That's it. I wasn't talking trash to anyone. You guys started the :censored: talking, not me."

Wrong bucko, you started this thread to tee off on the Braves. How many "Yankees Magic Number Watch" or "Cardinals Magic Number Watch" posts have there been?

Absolutely zero. This post was meant to show off, not to just celebrate. Don't play innocent, ok? I care very little about the Mets or any other team from north of Virginia, but when you idiots come running in here with a goddamn countdown? Jesus Christ.

Someone earlier talked about how the Braves fans bragged. Yeah, we did..but in response to Mets fans with all their "Hurr, you can't win in the playoffs!" crap.

Sorry, but like usual, the New York fans are the agressors, not the other guys.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Yo Cyclopsis Joe, how old are you? You're still making comments! Go somewhere! Make your own hate post for the Mets. It seems like your jealous or something. This post wasn't made for haters to say anything. The original poster put it up to countdown for the Mets. And don't tell me "Well, this is a free place for me to say whatever I want" because you're just being a troublemaker. Come man, just chill. If it were the Braves winning, you would probably be doing a countdown too. Your team had a bad year and you have to deal with. Hopefully (and I'm saying as a mets fan) they will have a good year next year.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Wrong bucko, you started this thread to tee off on the Braves. How many "Yankees Magic Number Watch" or "Cardinals Magic Number Watch" posts have there been? Absolutely zero. This post was meant to show off, not to just celebrate. Don't play innocent, ok? I care very little about the Mets or any other team from north of Virginia, but when you idiots come running in here with a goddamn countdown? Jesus Christ.

I guess you know why I started the thread.

I have a solution for you, DON'T READ THIS POST ANYMORE! You obviously do care about the Mets because you've made 10 posts on this thread about them. If there was a Yankee magic number thread I wouldn't even read it because I don't give two :censored:s about the Yankees, but I wouldn't accuse the person who started it of doing so just to irritate Met fans. It's really not my problem to figure out what team gets under everybody's skin. If you took it that way then that's your problem. After the game tonight they had the magic number underneath the score. Are they showing off?

Someone earlier talked about how the Braves fans bragged. Yeah, we did..but in response to Mets fans with all their "Hurr, you can't win in the playoffs!" crap.

That was me. You said "only 21 games until the Mets are out of the playoffs." You were the first one to say that. I responded to that because I thought it was ironic (in addition to you not even getting the number of games correct) that you as a Braves fan would comment on a team exiting the playoffs early in light of your team's recent playoff performances.

I don't even care that you are talking :censored:, that's fine, I can take it, but don't get upset when you make dumb comments and people call you on it.

"I don't even care that you are talking :censored:, that's fine, I can take it, but don't get upset when you make dumb comments and people call you on it."

Read my reply to one of the other posters..

"Yeah, but everyone knew what I meant anyway"

I just think that you guys have one hell of an ego, and I hope that you get your faces smashed in.

I mean, what kind of an :censored: counts down to winning something?

Whatever, congratulations Mets, :censored: your fans with a thirty foot pole.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I don't even care that you are talking :censored:, that's fine, I can take it, but don't get upset when you make dumb comments and people call you on it.

Pot, you're black, too.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just curious...how have the Mets fared in recent playoff memory?

Just sayin'.....

The last time they apeared in the playoffs they went to the World Series.

Wow wee.

If you're happy with making the postseason twice in a span of 7 seasons, by all means, rejoice.

Meanwhile, I'll gladly take making the postseason 6 seasons out of 7....

"I don't even care that you are talking :censored:, that's fine, I can take it, but don't get upset when you make dumb comments and people call you on it."

Read my reply to one of the other posters..

"Yeah, but everyone knew what I meant anyway"

I just think that you guys have one hell of an ego, and I hope that you get your faces smashed in.

I mean, what kind of an    counts down to winning something?

Whatever, congratulations Mets,  your fans with a thirty foot pole.

Well you sir have made some excellent points there. Bravo! You're right man. Sorry for putting up a fight like that. I had no idea what I was getting into. You clearly were the better man. You're posts just seemed to get more and more thought out as we went along, especially this time with the :censored:, :censored:, and :censored:. That really was the nail in the coffin. When those "censored" guys come up it really makes it easy to understand what you are talking about. It also shows just how bright you really are, as you probably realize that when you use naughty words, they don't show up in your post. Looks like there's no shortage of intelligent people down in "the ATL."

Again, sorry if I hurt your feelings brother, really!! I guess I didn't know how to go about celebrating the first "countdown to winning something" in the history of man. I could have sworn I had seen it once before but apparently I was seeing things. I actually invented the term magic number, not many people realize that but it's true. I'll try and do better next year. Maybe someday soon we can get together for a bee...oh wait, you're not old enough to get into a bar yet. Okay, hmmm.....I'll buy you a Coke! How's that sound buddy? Any flavor you want.

BTW, in one of your earlier posts you said that anyone who thinks the Mets can beat anyone in the AL is "stupid." I guess we'll have to include ESPN Baseball Analyst, Buster Olney in that group as he said yesterday on ESPN Radio that the Mets were the team to beat. Don't worry man, those guys at ESPN don't know anything anyway. Oh, and I'm gonna go try and get my face smashed in right now. Sounds like a fun filled Saturday.

Archived