MLB Baseball Trading deadline.

JayMack23

Okay. I'll admit it right now. I'm not a big baseball fan. Only time I ever catch a baseball game is either the post-season or on SportsCenter.

My question is this. I know that July 31st was the MLB Trading deadline, but yet even after July 31 trades still went down. How is this so? Is there a penalty that MLB teams have to pay to trade players after July 31st? Does anyone know the answer, cause I am stumped.

July 31 is the non-waiver deadline. Players traded after that have to be put on waivers.

Today was the deadline for players to be eligible for postseason play by being a member of an organization before the deadline.

VmWIn6B.png

July 31 is the non-waiver deadline. Players traded after that have to be put on waivers.

Today was the deadline for players to be eligible for postseason play by being a member of an organization before the deadline.

Yep. From now on, your 40-man roster are the 40 horses you can ride to the World Series.

Players being traded in August have to either clear waivers (starting with the team with the worst record in their league, up to the top of their league, then to the worst team in the other league and on up), or be claimed by that team, and in which the team placing a player on waivers has 72 hours to work out a deal or take the player off waivers.

Many times, the team chasing another team will claim just about every player so the team above them can't make a claim and better their team.

Yep. From now on, your 40-man roster are the 40 horses you can ride to the World Series.

Tell it to the Red Sox. :D

(Mbwaaaaah)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived