New Ole Miss away football jerseys

doafhat

I'm probably the only Ole Miss fan on the board.

I love the new road jerseys. I've been waiting for them to change the froot loop-looking away unis from the Eli-era. These are how Ole Miss away jerseys have looked for years, and how they should look. I hate the inconsistency in the numbers though, looks high schoolish. The blue and red home jerseys still have the newer block font, with red and blue outlines.

manning.jpg

GVDVWGBKWTJARJM.20060904014128.jpg

credit to Ole Miss for one thing that seems rare these days: they do UCLA stripes right- no weird cut-off effect (LSU is a serious violator)

Agreed. Unfortunately, that's the one area of the uniform LSU allowed Nike to screw up. Of course, I'm sure it's more comfortable. But if you're gonna have shoulder stripes, you either have them all the way or not at all.

thank you mizzou for making my college football weekend tolerable!  as for ole piss' uniforms, those are awful...couldn't sum up this school any better.

LOL! Have you guys even scored a touchdown yet?

NO! but we'll score enough on ole piss' sorry excuse for a defense to win! mark it down!

SignatureCCSL.png

I love the new road jerseys. I've been waiting for them to change the froot loop-looking away unis from the Eli-era. These are how Ole Miss away jerseys have looked for years, and how they should look. I hate the inconsistency in the numbers though, looks high schoolish. The blue and red home jerseys still have the newer block font, with red and blue outlines.

manning.jpg

I remembered that the Ole Miss football team wore these type of jerseys most of the time (no trim color on the stripes or the numbers):

1. Red with white numbers and stripes

2. Blue with white numbers and stripes

3. White with red numbers and stripes

However, in the 1983 Independence Bowl, the Rebels wore White jerseys with blue numbers (although in the 2nd half, they changed to white jerseys with red numbers due to the fact that the jerseys were muddied from the then-grass surface of Independence Stadium in Shreveport). Also, Coach Billy Brewer had the team change jerseys at halftime of the Ole Miss-Tennessee game in Jackson a few years back, going from red jerseys to blue jerseys. Isn't this against the rules now?

As for pants, Ole Miss had one blue stripe and one red stripe on their gray (grey) pants on either leg (similiar to what the Montreal Expos wore on their uni's in the glory days of the 1980's).

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

manning.jpg

No, you're not.

I join you in being shocked at how many people think we switched our road uniforms because that's what Eli wears now.

Archived