Personal Crest/Emblem/Logo

zer0dotcom

Greetings all,

Some of you might remember this being posted once upon a time. I'm now getting some experience with digital editing, so I'm looking to polish this up a touch. This is my 'personal crest' I've been using a smaller version of this as a watermark for some of my works I've uploaded to the internet.

I'm working on the larger version, tweeking, modifying, playing about, and I'm looking for some imput on what I could do with it without ruining it or making it too complicated

watermark3.gif

It is a touch pixelated from my last round of playing with it. It was origonally drawn free hand, then I scanned it and played some more in MGI Photosuite and Photoshop.

EDIT

Some background on the design. The E is my first initial, first name being Eric. I wantd to try to get away from the whole zer0 moniker and go with something closer to my actual name rather than some fabricated identity. The name 'Erik' is of norse origins, so in designing I tried to add touch of intricate norse design to it without over complicated the design. For those of you with some knowledge of Norse art know that it can be extremely intricate and complicated.

I wanted to try to create a crest or medallion look to it, for the purposes of being a watermark I could use on some of my work, or just a small little symbol for myself (maybe a tattoo design)

What does the E in the middle stand for? WHat are you trying to get across with your crest/logo?

It has to eximply or mean something i mean. To me that logo is a bunch of nautical compass signs and circles or something.

A brief description would be nice

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

What does the E in the middle stand for? WHat are you trying to get across with your crest/logo?

It has to eximply or mean something i mean. To me that logo is a bunch of nautical compass signs and circles or something.

A brief description would be nice

I suppose you're right...when I was posting it that never occured to me. I need some more sleep. I'll stick it in the first post

I like it. There is one thing I would modify: The curved line that forms the back side of the E (on the southwest side of the logo) curves all the way through, while the curve on the open end of the E (northeast quadrant) has gaps and goes straight. That arc might look better if it were curved all the way through, like the ones in the other quadrants.

(By the way, having a personal logo is a cool idea. I've been using the one in my avatar as a personal logo since about 1975 -- slightly stylized and updated once or twice, but still same logo. ... Although the baseball on top is a relatively new addition just for this board -- it usually is just the dot from the j.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived