Winslow Replithentic?

cranium

I think this is yet another example of poor photography - or, poor reproduction of a photograph.

My guess is that this is supposed to represent the older Royal Blue style, but the pic just came out way too light. But not light enough to be the Collegiate Blue...

...oh, and IMO - that Saints pic shows the best uniform the Saints have ever had...

I have seen this version in the stores locally here in San Diego, and they are indeed Powder Blue. And yes, they are incorrect as Winslow wore the Royal Blue Air-Coryell uniforms in his rookie season. He never wore the Powder Blues. Dan Fouts wore the Powder Blues in his rookie year though, and they do have a version of this style with Fouts's 14 too.

OK...then I guess that they're fashion jerseys...nothing more...

I don't think they are intended to be fashion jerseys because of the line they are a part of with the other throwback eqt jerseys from Reebok (especially when the tag on the bottom says 1981 San Diego Chargers). I think Reebok figured nobody would notice that they were the wrong color so they could capitalize on the collegiate blue popularity. What they should have done was just pick a few players from the 60s that actually wore this color (Alworth, Hadl, Lowe, Lincoln, Ladd, etc.)

OK...then I guess that they're fashion jerseys...nothing more...

I don't think they are intended to be fashion jerseys because of the line they are a part of with the other throwback eqt jerseys from Reebok (especially when the tag on the bottom says 1981 San Diego Chargers). I think Reebok figured nobody would notice that they were the wrong color so they could capitalize on the collegiate blue popularity. What they should have done was just pick a few players from the 60s that actually wore this color (Alworth, Hadl, Lowe, Lincoln, Ladd, etc.)

...which still makes them fashion jerseys, since the Chargers have never worn this style jersey in the Collegiate Blue.

To each their own I guess.  If it actually looked like Louisiana, that would help.

Anyway, it's nice that they have a replica from that era (shown below), and it's one of the new ones where the numbers and letters looked sewn on.  Only problem is that these Saints jerseys didn't have sewn-on numbers.  DOH!

31-98814-f.jpg

Go here, click on "Product Zoom" under the jersey, then use the zoom feature on the numbers to see what I mean.

I WANT ONE!!!

Hey, if you really want one, see my "Sports in General" post about the big sale at Distant Replays here in Atlanta. I was there today and they have that jersey for 50% off in the store and 30% on the web. I couldn't find it on their website but call them because they have several in the store and they're on sale.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So, if the Jersey is marked 1981, and it really is the collegiate blue, then Reebok really screwed up, or assumes no one but us remembers the royal blue of the early 80s Chargers. That seems really bush. The jersey should NOT be labeled throwback in any way then. Now 12-18 years olds all across this great land are going to be getting ripped off thinking they old school and all us 35+ somethings can laugh at them. :D

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived