Winslow Replithentic?

cranium

While looking at this at Fansedge,

I was thinking that Winslow never wore the Powder Blue unis. A check of his playing years and the Charger uniform page, it appears that he never did. So why make one? Simply because Charger fans love the power blue?31-98835-P.jpg

If I'm wrong and he did wear this please correct me. Otherwise, are there other similar errors in the Replithentic line? It is hardly "thentic" then. Frankly, for Winslow, I would rather have the Fouts-era blue anyway. If it is not the powder blue, it sure looks close to it by my untrained eye.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

He did spend one season in the powder blue uniforms (his rookie season), but the powder blue uniform he wore had a different number font. Ontop of that you would think that if they were going to sell Winslow throwbacks they would sell them in the jerseys he spent his prime in-the royal blue ones.

This is either 1)an incorect Winslow rookie year jersey 2)an attempt to tie together a Chargers legend with the popular Chargers powder blues, or 3)they're testing the waters for an updated powder blue look to use if/when they decide to make the switch over to the powder blue full time.

I don't think the powder blues ever had those numbers, the appropriately named "San Diego" style with the separated outline. I'm not a fan of it myself; the Saints had it on the old "state logo" uni's of the 80's and the Clownboys use it now on their blue jerseys.

1988_Topps_SwillingRC.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

There's actually a lot of jerseys that have been produced that have some current star in an older jersey style--especially with the NBA. I know damn near every LaDanian Tomlinson jersey I've seen was the powder blue style.

It's all in the name of merch sales.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think this is yet another example of poor photography - or, poor reproduction of a photograph.

My guess is that this is supposed to represent the older Royal Blue style, but the pic just came out way too light. But not light enough to be the Collegiate Blue...

...oh, and IMO - that Saints pic shows the best uniform the Saints have ever had...

He did spend one season in the powder blue uniforms (his rookie season), but the powder blue uniform he wore had a different number font. Ontop of that you would think that if they were going to sell Winslow throwbacks they would sell them in the jerseys he spent his prime in-the royal blue ones.

This is either 1)an incorect Winslow rookie year jersey 2)an attempt to tie together a Chargers legend with the popular Chargers powder blues, or 3)they're testing the waters for an updated powder blue look to use if/when they decide to make the switch over to the powder blue full time.

Um - no. Kellen Winslow never wore the collegiate blue uniforms. His career was 1979 through 1987; the royal blue uniform was adopted starting in 1974.

...oh, and IMO - that Saints pic shows the best uniform the Saints have ever had...

And in this we'll agree to disagree. I can't stand that logo, which only vaguely resembles Louisiana, and don't like the number style, and...well, you get the idea. :P

Here's a Kellen Winslow rookie card:

2201552.jpg

Although this isn't a great representation, and it's the away jersey instead of the home, it looks like the late '70s Chargers blue may in practice been several shades lighter than shown on the Chargers Uniform History site. Considering that photo and print quality can vary a color several shades in either direction, I think it's possible that this is an authentic reproduction of a Winslow rookie jersey.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

And in this we'll agree to disagree. I can't stand that logo, which only vaguely resembles Louisiana, and don't like the number style, and...well, you get the idea. :P

I'm going to have to go with Pantone on this one.

It may be mostly because I really like the "San Diego" style double outline/separated outline (which is also used on the Patriots' white jerseys), but so be it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

While looking at this at Fansedge,

I was thinking that Winslow never wore the Powder Blue unis. A check of his playing years and the Charger uniform page, it appears that he never did. So why make one? Simply because Charger fans love the power blue?31-98835-P.jpg

If I'm wrong and he did wear this please correct me. Otherwise, are there other similar errors in the Replithentic line? It is hardly "thentic" then. Frankly, for Winslow, I would rather have the Fouts-era blue anyway. If it is not the powder blue, it sure looks close to it by my untrained eye.

The jersey is not a correct replica. The tag actually says 1981 San Diego Chargers, but they wore royal blue then (for the most part they wore the white jersey back then anyway). Reebok either screwed up and used the wrong color or they did it on purpose because of the popularity of the color. I heard these were coming out and I was ready to buy a Fouts, but then I saw the color. I'm not going to spend that much for a jersey that's the wrong color. Stupid Reebok.

I agree. The fleur-de-lys itself is much better than the Louisiana foot logo.

I always liked the Saints Louisiana logo - I'm pleased to see it on the jersey again this year.

I've always been a sucker for more complicated versions of NFL logos that incorporte the helmet emblem. The logos on helmets always seem too simplistic for primary logos.

(and nobody'd better say anything about the yankees hat emblem either...)

To each their own I guess. If it actually looked like Louisiana, that would help.

Anyway, it's nice that they have a replica from that era (shown below), and it's one of the new ones where the numbers and letters looked sewn on. Only problem is that these Saints jerseys didn't have sewn-on numbers. DOH!

31-98814-f.jpg

Go here, click on "Product Zoom" under the jersey, then use the zoom feature on the numbers to see what I mean.

To each their own I guess. If it actually looked like Louisiana, that would help.

Anyway, it's nice that they have a replica from that era (shown below), and it's one of the new ones where the numbers and letters looked sewn on. Only problem is that these Saints jerseys didn't have sewn-on numbers. DOH!

31-98814-f.jpg

Go here, click on "Product Zoom" under the jersey, then use the zoom feature on the numbers to see what I mean.

I WANT ONE!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mike Stanhope's site is one of the best unisites on the web.

Some gems of the Chargers uniforms on this page.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Light blue sells like no one's business that's why the faux Winslow jersey.

Denver Nuggets went to light blue and have been ringing up the registers.

Googled light blue unis... got this from Sports Business Journal.

http://sportsbranding.blogspot.com/2006/04...s-new-teal.html

Mike Stanhope's site is one of the best unisites on the web.

Some gems of the Chargers uniforms on this page.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Light blue sells like no one's business that's why the faux Winslow jersey.

Denver Nuggets went to light blue and have been ringing up the registers.

Googled light blue unis... got this from Sports Business Journal.

http://sportsbranding.blogspot.com/2006/04...s-new-teal.html

how convenient, a quote from Mr Tom O'Grady.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived