Mavs new look

pagan696

Here's my stream-lined take on it:

If you're a Dallas fan, you hear all this hype about the new jerseys.  They run a mass marketing promtion, telling you to get out and plunk down your hard-earned $60 for one of these incredible new items.  Everyone involved with the Mavs (including Cuban, I'm sure) is telling you how great and hot these new jerseys are.

Then, after one game, they announce they will never use them again, and everyone involved with the organizatoin (again, Cuban included) washes their hands of these jerseys, calling them hideous, and vowing never to let them see the light of day again.

Now, how do you, Joe Fan feel, sitting there with your obsolete, ultra-ugly $60 jersey?  The Mavs spent all this time telling you how great they were, getting you to part with your money, and then one week later they disown the jerseys.

I'd be a bit  :angry:

Just a post script.

Cuban explained that the original alts. the Mavs designed were different than what they wore in the first game. The NBA made some "tweaks", then approved them. Because they were not what the Mavs presented, the NBA is allowing them a special deal. They are allowed to forgo the 1 year waiting period. Therefore, they can re-design the alts without the NBA's approval. They can showcase new 3rds as soon as this season. Blaim the great marketing machine that is the NBA.

This is according to Mark Cuban,via the Ticket radio station. Not me.

I'm sure the NBA is giving in on this issue because they know Cuban is going to do it anyway.  Money is no object to the guy and there's no way to keep him in check without winding up in court.  If he wants to put a new uniform out there he's going to do it with or without the NBA's blessing, so on an issue as relatively benign as this, why not throw him a bone?  

Oh, and here's a memo to Puffy -- GREEN!!!!!!

Here's my stream-lined take on it:

If you're a Dallas fan, you hear all this hype about the new jerseys. They run a mass marketing promtion, telling you to get out and plunk down your hard-earned $60 for one of these incredible new items. Everyone involved with the Mavs (including Cuban, I'm sure) is telling you how great and hot these new jerseys are.

Then, after one game, they announce they will never use them again, and everyone involved with the organizatoin (again, Cuban included) washes their hands of these jerseys, calling them hideous, and vowing never to let them see the light of day again.

Now, how do you, Joe Fan feel, sitting there with your obsolete, ultra-ugly $60 jersey? The Mavs spent all this time telling you how great they were, getting you to part with your money, and then one week later they disown the jerseys.

I'd be a bit :angry:

fact is, though, the crap that they wore was, as others said, darkened by the league, as the Mavs originally wanted a lighter silver (presumably so they could wear it at home-that's what i think and i'm sticking to it), and the alts i saw on sale were also the lighter silver, not the glad bag gray.  now it's a glorified fashion jersey :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived