Key to Hockey Goalie Success Discovered

TBGKon

I don't think there's a "theory" to being a good goalie. You either have it, or you don't. Like every other sport in the world....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You know, I think there may be something to this.

I think this also may explain why deflected shots are so effective... good goalies are able to track where the puck will go based on its initial trajectory.

Good form and technique will help them stop the shot once they know where it's going, and great form and technique will help them be in position to stop a shot that changes direction slightly.

I'm not a goalie, and I know there's lots of intangibles involved with being a goalie (reflexes, flexibility, ice vision, etc.) but if you can help a goalie predict where the puck will go just by teaching them where to look when it's being shot, it must certainly help.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You know, I think there may be something to this.

I think this also may explain why deflected shots are so effective... good goalies are able to track where the puck will go based on its initial trajectory.

Good form and technique will help them stop the shot once they know where it's going, and great form and technique will help them be in position to stop a shot that changes direction slightly.

I'm not a goalie, and I know there's lots of intangibles involved with being a goalie (reflexes, flexibility, ice vision, etc.) but if you can help a goalie predict where the puck will go just by teaching them where to look when it's being shot, it must certainly help.

I agree with the your statements, except that good goalies are able to track where the puck will go. I think that is based on hockey sense, which IMO is impossible to teach. Form and technique can be taught, but you really can't teach them where the shot is going to go. Some players are great at disguising their shots and one-timers are unpredictable.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived