Uw-Whitewater

Alphabet Man

Matty, Matty, Matty...man, this hurts my pride in so many ways. If you'd done anybody but my Hawks, I woulda just thrown up a one-liner and laughed it off, but this...I know you've done better, and I can't really say this is better than anything, really. Yeah, I flunked out of the place back in 02, but I had a real good year and a half there otherwise :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thumbs up on the jerseys, thumbs down on everything else. Whitewater is one of the few D3 schools that has its own identity (i.e. they didn't just jack a logo from a Pro or D1 team and recolor it), so why would you want to replace it with a generic varisty W and a hawk that doesn't even come close to measuring up with what they have now?

If you're gonna have a silver helmet, get make the facemask purple or grey. The pants would be better with either a purple-white-purple stripe ot a single purple one. And it probably wouldn't hurt to work some black in there (unless your whole point was the de-emphasize the black which might've been the direction you were going in).

Just make those changes and you'll have a solid concept.

brew.png

This was for the Stagg Contest, but seeing i don't have the other template, and i can't use it without killing myself, i don't qualify. So i might aswell post it here for some commentable commenting.

i'm sorry to see that you couldn't use either the raster or vector versions of the uniform template that were posted in the contest thread...i hope this doesn't limit others, as it seems to have limited you - this is the first contest that i've run, and i really thought using a standard template was a good idea because it would make the contest more about the design than the template...i may have to re-think that in the future

as for the concept, it's solid, but unspectacular - i'm not feeling the highway sign combination of the wordmark and primary logo, and as bucks6thman said, uww actually has a pretty solid athletic identity currently, so it's going to take something pretty good to be viewed as an upgrade (although i've definately seen some work on these boards that IS an upgrade over their current warhawk)

i think the lines of your warhawk are very nice, though, and i think it could be a great start for a full head or even full body logo if you wanted to go that direction

jldesigns404eo.png

Yeh the W is tht font because from the ammount of college sports i see

(not much on ESPN), every team has a simple letter

The shield, is exactly that, a shield. It's taken from the Australian coat of arms. I wanted to try make something that is old, simple, nice and a touch modern, my idea for that came from a lot of the VFL logos.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Whitewater is one of the few D3 schools that has its own identity (i.e. they didn't just jack a logo from a Pro or D1 team and recolor it), so why would you want to replace it with a generic varisty W and a hawk that doesn't even come close to measuring up with what they have now?

Yes and no. It is unique but at the same time fairly similar to the Philadelphia Eagles. On a related note UW-Whitewater wore their black jerseys and purple pants for todays playoff game versus Saint Norbert for the first time this year. Usually they wear black jerseys with white pants. UW-Whitewater has purple jerseys, the team picture has them in purple but I dont think they have worn them all year.

Archived