Fort Wayne Komets

rnewvy9

The jerseys look good. Simple and elegant. Although the logo doesn't say "Komets" to me. Even if you spell it with a 'K.' I don't know if "Komets" (with the 'K') means circular saw. If it does, perfect. If it doesn't I'd get a new logo. But since you asked for comments on the jerseys temeselves, I'll give you a thumbs up.

The jerseys look good. Simple and elegant. Although the logo doesn't say "Komets" to me. Even if you spell it with a 'K.' I don't know if "Komets" (with the 'K') means circular saw. If it does, perfect. If it doesn't I'd get a new logo. But since you asked for comments on the jerseys temeselves, I'll give you a thumbs up.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I found this on their website...

Ernie Berg started it 54 years ago. He was the one that began thinking about hockey in Fort Wayne, Indiana. But it was after the city announced plans of building the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. Berg took a trip to Toledo one night to watch an IHL game. That was all it took. Berg came home full of enthusiasm.

With the thought of Fort Wayne building a beautiful new big building, Berg couldn't help but envision it filled with people for a hockey game. It was a dream. A dream later to become reality. The dream came true with the dropping of the first puck at the start of the 1952-53 International Hockey League season.

Many have wondered about Komets being spelled with a "K". Berg did it. He wanted to have a name that suggested speed, flash, excitement. And he spelled it with a "K" instead of a "C" after his wife. Her name was Kathryn but she always went by Kay.

That explains the 'K' but what about the saw in the logo? :D

The logo isn't an original creation by the guy who made the concept, it's the Komets actual logo.

Nice job, BTW. Very simple and elegant for a minor league team who seems like they've been there forever.

QPR%20Sig.png

I know he didn't create the logo, my apologies if I made it sound like he did. Since the logo doesn't fit the name in my opinion, I was wondering if Renewvy wanted to make a go and create a new logo set as well. If he doesn't want to that's cool, just making the suggestion.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I know he didn't create the logo, my apologies if I made it sound like he did. Since the logo doesn't fit the name in my opinion, I was wondering if Renewvy wanted to make a go and create a new logo set as well. If he doesn't want to that's cool, just making the suggestion.

I am only using paint so i cannot create a good logo, plus i have no drawing ability. I just used their official logo. Thanks for the C&C.

Archived