Devils moving?

Notch Novelty

It's not a dump.. am i the only person that loves that place? Maybe because i was practically raised there...

Anywho, i don't care what has to be done, so long as the Devils stay in Northeastern New Jersey. I don't want to have to root for the Islanders or Rangers.. ugh...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Donald killed the USFL

Wow, I didn't know Donald Duck killed the USFL? *walks out of room quitely*

Eh, it was a Mickey Mouse operation to begin with . . . . . .

But seriously folks, it wasn't entirely Trump's fault that the USFL tanked. It's easy to say his misguided intent to compete directly with the NFL by playing in the fall as opposed to the spring was the league's deathknell, but let's not forget (for those of us old enough to remember) that the league never even got to compete because they died after the spring '85 season. If the league would have made sure it had an existing base of solid ownership among its original teams and not expanded by 50% after its first season it might have stood a chance. I really feel like they should have kept the league at 16 solid teams and competed with the NFL only in the huge (and big TV) markets of NY, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Houston and Philadelphia. A USFL with those cities plus, Birmingham, Memphis, Oakland (which was without the NFL at that time), San Antonio, Phoenix, Portland, Tulsa, Jacksonville, Orlando and another non-NFL market like Charlotte (at the time) would have probably remained viable, but only as a spring league. Greed for the fast buck killed the USFL and in the end they got nothing except a $3 judgment.

Archived