Devils moving?

Notch Novelty

Probably no chance to move them back here to Kansas City :(

The Kansas City Devils?  The Portland Sea Devils? ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

They need a new arena, no doubt

Your telling me, That arena is crap. For some reason the sound won't stay in. And it's hard to get there in rush hour. But Newark is not the answer. That would hurt because no one would take a train and walk to the arena. And no one would drive because thier car would be stolen.

If they could get trains to the meadowlands they would be fine. The main problem is the price of tickets. For the Philly game friday the upper deck was packed full but there were empty seats in the lower level.

I can't see the state letting it's most popular team (Devils) leaving.

This state will have nothing if they let the Nets and Devils leave. We can not allow it otherwise all New Jersey will be in a toxic waste dump.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It isn't already?  :;):

I can see it happening, but I don't think the chances are that great right now.

Kansas City won't work for so many reasons--they never supported the Blades when they were there, and Kemper is nowhere close to being an NHL-caliber arena, though it isn't a horrible place to see a game.

More likely, the usual suspects of Houston and Portland, Oregon, come to mind.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

with the new arena in Houston i can see them as a option for any team wanting to move

Houston Devils though?....they could bring back the old Apollos name and pay nitro to use his logo that would be cool

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

The Devils and the Nets are a real source of pride for New Jersey and I just don't see them leaving the state under any circumstance.  Worse comes to worst, The Donald will ride in to save the day.  I have to believe that.

...also, if you were to move the Devils to Houston or Portland or somewhere out West, would you have a 16-14 distribution of teams in the conferences, or would you have a team switch conferences? If so, do you swap Columbus or Nashville?

You swap the Detroit into the Northeast and drop Boston down to the Atlantic.  The Wings have been bitching about not getting to play Original Six teams other than Chicago for the past few seasons.

Then when the Pens finally quit and head west, Columbus takes their place in the Atlantic.  Maybe even shift the Wings into the Atlantic (and re-name the division) at that point and put Boston back in the Northeast.

The Devils and the Nets are a real source of pride for New Jersey and I just don't see them leaving the state under any circumstance. Worse comes to worst, The Donald will ride in to save the day. I have to believe that.

Wow! Donald Duck coming to save the day?  :D

I saw, I came, I left.

The Meadowlands Arena is fine. It is a great arena, not a bad seat in the house, the drive isn't bad either. The only thing that blows is the Parking prices and the Ticket prices and the concession prices.... Too Much, Too Much, Too Much.

No one will pay that much to go see games, especially in the blue-collar area that is Nothern New Jersey. The average working joe can't afford to take himself to a game, nevermind taking his son or family. Hockey around here has priced itself out of it's market.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Meadowlands Arena is a dump they need the luxury boxes, to survive. The corridors of the CAA suck too, I had my college graduation there so I know. I would like to see them come to Newark but the politcians in Essex County want to line their pockest more so it will never work. Keeping it up there is fine but they still need a new building, and take down those stupid banners of the clown and skate and guitar I dont get those at all.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived