2024 NFL Changes

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

I could see them going the Chargers route. A very simplified uniform with a more modern number font. They’ll probably have an all grey uniform and potentially an all black uniform (if the rumors are true)

I'd like that (black uniform notwithstanding), but there are a few things at play that I find interesting:

• The majority of Lions fans (not me, just the general pulse of the fanbase) want to see the blue helmet with the mono-blue look or with the road jerseys. Not sure how the Lions get league approval for that, but the solution may be to not have a third alternate jersey or have the "color rush"/blue pants designated as the alternate (in addition to the throwbacks). 
  •  The team/players don't seem all that fond of the 1950s throwbacks. Again, this is me reading between the lines, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Lions go very modern with the uniforms and then replace the throwbacks with the 1990s throwbacks instead to change things up.
  • With the prior point, do the Lions replace the 1950 logo on the blue helmet with something else? It makes some sense this year with the 90th-anniversary logo drawing from that era, but with the throwbacks seemingly falling out of favor, it's very disjointed going super-modern and then going with a throwback logo on the alternate helmet that doesn't match anything else.
  • Can they finally get the "WCF" tribute off the uniform? There's no reason for it to be there, as Sheila is 10x the owner that her old man ever was, and is actively resented by almost the entire fanbase. I'd be surprised if it happens, but it would be a pleasant change.

1 hour ago, LogoFan said:

Still More Info on Houston Texans’ Upcoming Uniforms Emerges

UniWatch reported:

"Last week I wrote about how we were starting to learn more about the Texans’ upcoming 2024 uni redesign. The main things in that first wave of info were the following:

• The team will have four new uniforms.
  • “H-Town Blue” — i.e., the Oilers’ old shade of Columbia blue — will be an accent color, not a main color.
  • The team’s primary logo will not be changing.
  • The new uniforms will be unveiled during the lead-up to the draft in late April."

Also:

"Vosik added the four versions of the uniform will be completely different from each other and not simply a repeat in various colors. That would be a way to make sure everyone gets what they want. Before drawing up designs, the team set up a fan council, which provided feedback that varied from fans who wanted to keep the uniforms traditional to others who wanted a drastic change. Players also gave their input on what they’d like to wear starting next season."

This already sounds like a trainwreck.  🤔

I'm excited both for the uniforms and for the team next season.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

17 hours ago, NickSixers said:

I'm still expecting the Eagles to do something one of these years. At the least, they need to put the new word mark on the jersey under the NFL shield. I'd expect (and fear) a more thorough revision.

I believe they said last year that the wordmark constituted a big enough change that it was subjected to the 2-season rule, and that 2024 is when it'd appear on jerseys.  The one that's on the jerseys now is no longer part of their official package (at least not from the slicks that had been posted.)

One thing I don't get is that if the wordmark started the 2-year clock, does that mean that they're now starting the 5-year clock?  I don't see them changing so it's irrelevant, but it'd kinda stink if changing a wordmark kicked off what's essentially a 7-year lockdown.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

A predominantly white logo on a white helmet never looks good. I dig the “mountain” sleeves though.

For anyone curious as to that mockup...

IMG_6605-1-1101x1536.jpg

As for it being "almost dead on"? Yeah, I remind all of us of the whole Cardinals fiasco last year. (No fault on part of our boy TruColor, though.)

Wouldn't surprise me though if the next Broncos set does indeed come with a white helmet....

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Can we ban any and all "reports" where the source is a guy on Reddit?  I'm not joking.  I actually vaguely remember there being a ban on Reddit as sources before.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would be surprised if the Broncos completely ignore the D Horse logo, I would hope they have a new version as primary or at least an alternate logo. They've been flirting with the logo's existence being around for good similar to the Pat Patriot logo. They even went as far as to have the logo in the endzone for four games in 2020 and I thought that was pretty cool.

DEN_2020%5E1.png

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

For what it's worth, that Reddit mockup was done from someone who posted about it on the official Denver Broncos forum (The Broncos have a forum?!) and it seems like this is going to suck. The whole "Snowcapped" nonsense may have been a test run.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/forum/broncos-football/broncos-football-aa/8480085-new-uniforms-coming-2024

If you don't want to read what the guy said, here's the short of it: White helmet, multiple facemasks, horse head logo, snow mountain sleeves (with silver because of course), 5280 down the pants and Elway throwbacks added in to insult our intelligence. Some very similar tidbits were stated by another Twitter user who's postings can be found on Uni Watch here: https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/10/lets-all-go-bonkers-speculating-about-the-broncos-new-uniforms/

Now that we have the wild speculation out of the way, there is this tweet:

What will it be? Who knows. We better pray that it's decent.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

59 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

For what it's worth, that Reddit mockup was done from someone who posted about it on the official Denver Broncos forum (The Broncos have a forum?!) and it seems like this is going to suck. The whole "Snowcapped" nonsense may have been a test run.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/forum/broncos-football/broncos-football-aa/8480085-new-uniforms-coming-2024

If you don't want to read what the guy said, here's the short of it: White helmet, multiple facemasks, horse head logo, snow mountain sleeves (with silver because of course), 5280 down the pants and Elway throwbacks added in to insult our intelligence. Some very similar tidbits were stated by another Twitter user who's postings can be found on Uni Watch here: https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/10/lets-all-go-bonkers-speculating-about-the-broncos-new-uniforms/

I know I shouldn't even ask, but what the hell is an 5280?

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know I shouldn't even ask, but what the hell is an 5280?

5280 is the number of feet in a mile.

• Like 2

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

3 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

5280 is the number of feet in a mile.

Mile High.  As in how high you'd have to be to think it was a good idea to put "5280" down the side of your team's pants.

• Like 5
  • LOL 15

2024 Thoughts:

--I'm excited for the Texans. Their identity isn't bad, just a little generic. The red helmet has made it more interesting and the possibility of adding Columbia blue is very intriguing. I bet they do this:

HOME: White helmet, all-navy (state flag look) (traditional) 

AWAY: Predominantly red accents with Columbia and navy, all-white uniform (modern-traditional)

ALT 1 - Red helmet, mono-red (bull look, modern) navy accents 

ALT 2 - Columbia (🤞🏻) probably mono-blue

Of course all of these will likely UNFORTUNATELY be mono 🤢 but hopefully we get some mixing and matching along the way. This isn't what I WOULD do, just my prediction.

--The Lions will just probably have yet another new set of Honolulu blue and silver uniforms, just yet ANOTHER version of the same thing they've done for 70 years. Maybe there'll be black, in which case, ugh, but I would almost prefer black to that AWFUL mono grey nonsense. Unless they're going back to the 80s-90s look, this isn't promising.

--If the Broncos listen to their fans, they may actually get this right. Make the color rush the primary and build off of that. I HIGHLY doubt that they'll go back to the D logo after winning three rings with the robo-horse, but it'll probably stay as an alt or something. What I would REALLY like is the return of the drunken steed early sixties throwbacks. And we all know what they SHOULD do: bring it back to 1996, royal helmet and all. Unfortunately I doubt they'll be that savvy.

--I haven't been shy about what the Falcons need to do: Modernize the 1966 uniforms, and make red road pants with the same gold/white/black striping. Keep an alternate black helmet and pants for the folks who are into that sort of thing, but it's clear what the fans want. Unfortunately we have to look at these superhero costumes for another year....🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Nuggets sure know 😆

PW-City-2.png

Still trying to figure out who thought THAT was a good idea???

(I guess all those reefer and fentanyl fumes blowing through Denver made their way up to the Nuggets Head brass' offices.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

PW-City-2.png

Still trying to figure out who thought THAT was a good idea???

(I guess all those reefer and fentanyl fumes blowing through Denver made their way up to the Nuggets Head brass' offices.)

Wait… is that an actual on court NBA uniform?  That’s exactly why I stopped paying attention to NBA uniforms once Nike bent the league over a coffee table.  I hate when national brands do this  “insider fan” garbage.  Peachtree and ATL and Duuuuval.  City nicknames replacing the actual city.  It all comes off as so rinky dink.   Embarrassing.   

I’d be willing to bet that, even if the Broncos do something stupid, it won’t be as stupid as that Nuggets uniform that looks like they got it at a mall kiosk.  But watch them prove me wrong.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

The grass isn’t always greener. The Texans and Broncos are about to show all of you who have been clamoring for new uniforms to be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. I don’t love either team’s uniforms. I’d change some things for both, but I’d gladly take either of those looks over what I’m afraid we are going to see come April.  We’re about to get some 2015 Browns and gold-helmet Jags crap shoveled our way.

• Like 8

What makes the Broncos white helmet good is the D logo -- it combines really well with the helmet stripe to provide perfect color balance. It's just a damn good helmet. The white horse is also insulated by the orange D. 

efuqtpkjd6xpjtrlobs5

Trying to put the mostly-white demon horse logo on a white shell would make them look like a high school/college team doing some last-minute shell x decal mixing, which is the worst. 

• Like 8