2024 NFL Changes

I don't like white helmets for the Broncos as anything more than an occasional alternate look. Especially with a mostly-white logo, and being in the same division as the Chargers.  But from the neck down, I don't see what the problem would be with those uniforms. I like the mountain motif, and it ties the Broncos in with every other team in Denver.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

A few more:

1. Less monochrome, whatever the color. 

2. The Rams replace the gray pants with white and the gray jersey with yellow or drop the gray altogether.

3. No more white socks with white pants, even for Color Rush jerseys.

4. The NFL requires uniforms to be uniform.

I can't think of any reason why the NFL can't require all players to wear matching uniforms. You'd be surprised how many times I've watched Eagles games this year looking for players wearing black socks.

While we're at it, can we make sure undershirts don't hang out and down past the players butts?  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

On 1/11/2024 at 1:44 AM, timjameskohler said:

This cannot be overstated. That robo-horse is mostly white and would look incomprehensible on a white helmet. Even Elway can see that.

Right?

Stevie Wonder can see that. 

The Right thing to do:

Texans - slight updates and tweaks of current set, with interchangeable blue/red helmets

Lions - Barry Sanders Era with updated logo

Broncos - thru 1996 uniforms with updated D logo and royal blue alternate jerseys and orange pants as an alt

• Like 5

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

On 1/11/2024 at 8:00 PM, bob95 said:

Based on the rumors surrounding the Broncos Rebrand from the Uni watch article yesterday, I made some mock-ups using the Gridiron Unifrom Datata Base template.

spacer.png

I... don't hate it? I don't really buy that the uniforms will actually resemble that design, but it makes for some interesting combos. I particularly like the white/navy/white and the white/orange/white. If they absolutely have to use the "5280," I would have the numbers upright instead of sideways. 

My ideal Broncos uniform set, similar to @tBBP, would be the '65-'66 set (that picture is approaching Rams' 50's yellow jersey painting territory of ubiquity, which I have contributed to), with the blue helmet. I'd also have either orange or white as an occasional alternate helmet, as well as a blue alternate jersey, and orange & blue pants as options. It's a toss-up for me between the cyberhorse and the D-horse logo, both are well and good. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Impaler said:

While we're at it, can we make sure undershirts don't hang out and down past the players butts?  

We can't really. Basically every player in the entire league does this.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

We can't really. Basically every player in the entire league does this.

The undershirt not being tucked in, no sock matching,  and the pants down to mid thigh are my biggest pet peeves at the moment.  It's just an awful look all the way around.  

• Like 2
crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

It must just be me, but I thought the 5280 ft thing in regards to Denver was pretty common knowledge.

• Like 13

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, The Impaler said:

The undershirt not being tucked in, no sock matching,  and the pants down to mid thigh are my biggest pet peeves at the moment.  It's just an awful look all the way around.  

These looks are trendy right now. Until that's not the case, it'll be impossible to get rid of them (I also hate how it looks, I get it).

11 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

It's a reference to Denver being a mile above sea level. There are 5,280 feet in a mile.

I had forgotten about that. Oh..... Well, this 5,280 stuff is great knowledge, but why put it on a jersey if it does not make sense to anything? Ehhhhhh, nope, sorry!

14 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

It's a reference to Denver being a mile above sea level. There are 5,280 feet in a mile.

14 hours ago, tBBP said:

It must just be me, but I thought the 5280 ft thing in regards to Denver was pretty common knowledge.

I'm shocked by how many people either don't know or don't associate 5,280' with being a mile.

• Like 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you walked up to me on the street and asked me how many feet were in a mile I’d tell you 5280.  But if you randomly showed me a sports uniform that had that number on it, I don’t know that I’d immediately make the connection that that’s how many feet were in a mile, and that team is therefore from a city that’s a mile above sea level and blah blah…

Because it’s stupid.  

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If you walked up to me on the street and asked me how many feet were in a mile I’d tell you 5280.  But if you randomly showed me a sports uniform that had that number on it, I don’t know that I’d immediately make the connection that that’s how many feet were in a mile, and that team is therefore from a city that’s a mile above sea level and blah blah…

Because it’s stupid.  

When any element needs explaining of a backstory, it's crap. Sadly modern sports uniforms love this bull:censored:.

• Like 1