2024 NFL Changes

12 hours ago, WBeltz said:

His number has been taken for a bit.....

spacer.png

Amidst all the dog and Mike Vick jokes, if we want to get technical, Younghoe Koo has moved on from #7 to #6 to make way for Bijan Robinson.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hate 1

14 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

This guy has the most favorite uniform designs I can ever imagine

nfl-redesign-jersey-tennessee-titans.png

I think these really get the color balance right for what I would like a new Titans uniform to look like, good find. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

My biggest fear about the Texans redesign is that we'll be saying this about the originals in 5 years

People were saying that about the Texans six months ago.

I really wish we would have gotten a red helmet, navy jersey, white pants pairing. Still this was pretty sweet.

1711999402.0.jpg

• Like 18
  • Meh 1

34 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

People were saying that about the Texans six months ago.

I really wish we would have gotten a red helmet, navy jersey, white pants pairing. Still this was pretty sweet.

1711999402.0.jpg

The Texans really didn't need to change uniforms. They could have just done this:

Home: see above

Road: Red, White, White, Red

Alt: Navy, Navy (White #), White/Navy, Navy

Color Rush: all Dark Navy (Red #)

Sometimes, all a team needs to do is reassign uniform elements. This was one of those times. Maybe the Texans' new uniforms will grow on me, but I didn't see any problems with their original set.

• Like 5

The uniform design, while rather basic, was really never the problem with the Texans. Their main problem was (and still is) their colors...yeah yeah Texas flag all that, fine, but if that ain't just about the most overused colorway in spo—anyway, even that colorway could be salvaged if they were to use it in a unique way.

The Memphis Express had the right idea...

afa7c52424408878b8427b2df2a4bc25a440cebd

73DZIEUB3FGENOK4RF2YMVVGXE.jpg

...Red helmets/pants as a primary look, with navy and white jerseys. That would set them somewhat apart amongst [some hue of] blue and red teams, at least.

• Like 11
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

58 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

The Texans really didn't need to change uniforms. They could have just done this:

Home: see above

Road: Red, White, White, Red

Alt: Navy, Navy (White #), White/Navy, Navy

Color Rush: all Dark Navy (Red #)

Sometimes, all a team needs to do is reassign uniform elements. This was one of those times. Maybe the Texans' new uniforms will grow on me, but I didn't see any problems with their original set.

Personally, I wanted the following for Houston:

Helmet/Jersey/Pants/Socks

Home: Red/Navy/White/Navy
Road: Red/White/Red/Navy
Alt: Red/Red/White/Red
Color Rush: Navy/Navy/Navy/Navy

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Personally, I wanted the following for Houston:

Helmet/Jersey/Pants/Socks

Home: Red/Navy/White/Navy
Road: Red/White/Red/Navy
Alt: Red/Red/White/Red
Color Rush: Navy/Navy/Navy/Navy

This may have been part of the problem for Houston. You could question if they were a navy team or a red team. I leaned more towards red once they debuted the red helmets because of the numbers on the white jerseys and it would separate them from the rest of the division, which is blue heavy.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

This may have been part of the problem for Houston. You could question if they were a navy team or a red team. I leaned more towards red once they debuted the red helmets because of the numbers on the white jerseys and it would separate them from the rest of the division, which is blue heavy.

I was so ready for them to take up the 90's Bills mantle of blue jerseys with red helmets.

4e18c2fd-8005-4cd4-8866-61c96daea68f-ROC

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I was so ready for them to take up the 90's Bills mantle of blue jerseys with red helmets.

I never thought of that. But you're right, it would have been about the same. And the Texans wouldn't have needed the navy helmet except for Color Rush.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

For the Texans I’d rather the opposite. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2024 at 10:48 AM, rfraser85 said:

I never thought of that. But you're right, it would have been about the same. And the Texans wouldn't have needed the navy helmet except for Color Rush.

They also would've been one of two teams with a red primary helmet (not counting Washington's burgundy) as opposed to one of five teams with dark blue helmets.

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

A guy on Twitter/X merged the home jerseys of WFT & Commanders

GNKdCxgXgAAwNQw?format=png&name=small

Just go back to the look that started in 1979 and use the new helmet.   They won 3 Super Bowls in those uniforms.   Dan Snyder should have never let his wife get involved.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3

12 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

Just go back to the look that started in 1979 and use the new helmet.   They won 3 Super Bowls in those uniforms.   Dan Snyder should have never let his wife get involved.

I suspect t that would offend some people. 

• Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 5

22 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Well they can be offended. There is nothing offensive about this.

spacer.png

Oh, I agree, but that design is associated in many minds with the old name and logo. 

• Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Facepalm 1