2024 NFL Changes

My biggest pet-peeve with the Buccaneers, since they are actually wearing red tonight, is that the orange stroke on the numerals is too similar to the red and makes it look like the numbers are just pewter-red-white instead. 

They should widen that stroke, change the shade of orange, or even drop the pirate ship logos from the sleeves and add a stripe sequence where the orange pops a bit. 

Just a shame that the color is part of the scheme, but really gets drowned out by all the pewter and red. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

My biggest pet-peeve with the Buccaneers, since they are actually wearing red tonight, is that the orange stroke on the numerals is too similar to the red and makes it look like the numbers are just pewter-red-white instead. 

They should widen that stroke, change the shade of orange, or even drop the pirate ship logos from the sleeves and add a stripe sequence where the orange pops a bit. 

Just a shame that the color is part of the scheme, but really gets drowned out by all the pewter and red. 

I never understood why they chose to darken the orange trim back in 1997 when this look first unveiled, either. I still don't know why they did that. But yeah, if anything all they really need to do is lighten that orange up to either 151C orange (or whatever TC-xxxx code they may be using now) or to their original creamsicle orange. I guarantee it'll pop more then (and not bleed so much into the red on the white jerseys' red numbers).

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I just gotta wonder, how will Nike mess this up? I don't hate the idea of this, and would love to see them move on from their current design which just doesn't look cool or fresh anymore

Edited by JakeH28

3 minutes ago, The Impaler said:

This is exactly what the Broncos should be doing.  Blending the old with a slightly updated aesthetic.  

e9f12bfaf89d5878f02ff00af3012eb0.png

It's really not hard.

However, I fully expect (based on the white cap wtf from last year) that any overhaul will be a Commander-esque disaster.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Since Reddit is definitely trustworthy, a now-deleted post implied the Seahawks are getting new uniforms this offseason

https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/01/16/could-seattle-seahawks-get-new-uniforms-in-2024/football/

GD7qj5CXgAAbQq8?format=jpg&name=large

GD7qj5CXEAAIo0A?format=jpg&name=large

Honestly I'd be completely shocked by a new uniform design in 2024 that doesn't have monochrome as the intended primary combos.

This is also the perfect time for the Seahawks to update their uniforms, considering they're entering a new era after Pete Carroll has been fired by promotion. The final man standing from the Legion of Boom era is gone.

• Like 3

It's pretty disappointing (I would argue downright embarrassing) that the mothership here peddles in such obviously bogus Reddit rumors. Time and time again (and again, and again) these prove to be complete garbage.

A cursory reading of the details in that deleted post reveals that they make very little sense (throwback helmets used with the primary uniforms featuring a facemask color that doesn't appear anywhere on the primary uniforms? Right...).

I probably shouldn't at this point, but I expect better from Chris and those he allows to write for this site. 

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Why would they make their main uniforms closer to the throwbacks in every way, but also still keep the throwbacks, and not only that, add in a white version? I don’t buy it. If they do end up going that route though, they’d join their rival 49ers in having throwbacks that are unnecessary.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Considering how much lime green has become the Seahawks distinctive color, I would be shocked if this rumor is true

This is the key point that makes me think this is bull:censored:; I highly doubt they would jettison Action Green for Apple Green, which is just Kelly Green, the shade they use for their Throwbacks.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Why would they make their main uniforms closer to the throwbacks in every way, but also still keep the throwbacks, and not only that, add in a white version? I don’t buy it. If they do end up going that route though, they’d join their rival 49ers in having throwbacks that are unnecessary.

Great point.  

Also, doesn't make any sense that they'd use the feather pattern on the pants, but use the Throwback sleeve stripes.

I call BS.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 9:07 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

In this day in age especially, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Carp. you really think that concept is awful? I think it looks incredible. 

But yeah, I would re-iterate. Anybody can get behind a keyboard and get the internet riled up over stuff like this, and Reddit with its anonymity is probably the worst source you can use without corroboration. 

Same as the Broncos rumors, I think it's all people just looking for dopamine hits by breaking the internet knowing this is the time of year people are sitting around speculating about these things. I actually think it's extremely unlikely a paralegal, even without an NDA, would be willing to compromise their position by leaking something like that -- especially admitting they work with Nike. Seems really strange.  

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Again, remember the Cardinals lies last year.

I've been on this site for over a decade and literally every year people fall for the reddit hype that ends up being laughably false.

You'd think at some point they would learn, but alas.

• Like 7

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!