2024 NFL Changes

48 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Yes, there wasn't anything I liked about the Jets' 2019 update outside of the brighter green. The logo change felt lateral to me, though the previous oval logo did have too much going on with the Jets script, Times New Roman NY in the back, and the small football, so I would argue it might've been an upgrade from that.

I've said it before, but I hate the striping more than anything. The idea, at least on paper, looked like it was intended to have them completely straight, but it's ruined when the players are moving around with them.

spacer.png

urn-publicid-ap-org-09302f0ce5ce6f7129bf

The way the striping just bends and curves makes it look so awkward. They would've been better using standard striping that goes from top to bottom, or maybe just omitting them altogether.

I hadn’t really minded the Jets’ stripes, but yeah, you make a good point, it’s not as good at alluding to a jet if it’s pointing downward. I’d much prefer them return to the Namath set with kelly green, and maybe a green helmet, than use that “Legacy” set, which doesn’t have nearly as much character to it in my opinion.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

I've always thought the Jets should just steal the Colts template.  Simply switch out the blue for green.

64dba1f813b0d.image.jpg

usatsi_11951995.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Instead, they'll just steal the Cowboys' template, change the blue to green and call it a day.

What they should do: what admiral said, take the reduced 00s Namath jerseys and add the brighter green, hoping that the same bastardization of them doesn't occur with every biannual template change and always avoid heading to military style olive green, which is almost where that set ended up.

I don't mind the 80s look for nostalgia reasons, but everybody must admit it's a pretty basic jersey. The 80s helmet logo however, is light years better than the thing they wear now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually have no problem with the current helmet; the shell color & finish is beautiful, the logo was fine, and I think it looked great with a Black facemask.

The problem is that the uniform was a complete debacle, outside of the number font (because as stated above, you can't go wrong with block numbers).

The Legacy uniform immediately is a Top 10 NFL uniform.  I hope they keep the helmet finish, though a satin finish wouldn't be bad if they're insistent on change.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

Unless you can convincingly clean up the shoulders on Namath/Parcells era uniform which always had issues under Nike.

usa_today_9781117.0.jpg

https-3A-2F-2Fthejetpress-com-2Ffiles-2F

ghows-LK-2f789696-679e-421f-8e22-87e8470

2d3efbdfa410472d8061c3edf26013a7.jpg?d=2

The easy solution would be to just flip the colors of the shoulder stripes or, even better if possible, just do one shoulder stripe spaced out away from the shoulder cap. 

(Side note: look how off-white Revis’ helmet is in that last photo compared to the jersey. Rough.)

• Like 5

16 hours ago, HOOVER said:

especially when wearing Navy over Grey

Which they've done, like, twice ever with the current uniforms. Maybe three times. And they still refuse to wear silver pants on the road. They look like a high-school team or a low-budget MAC school 99% of the time. Then there's the Brady uniforms, which were hot garbage.

The Falcons' uniforms aren't spectacular either, but acting like they're any worse than what the Patriots have been rolling out for the past 23+ years is an example of winning bias.

It's also weird that anyone thinks Belichick would care how the team looks when he himself shows up to every game looking like a slob in his tattered sweatshirts.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The one thing I liked about the Jets uniforms were the helmets and the word mark on the helmet. I’d even say they should keep the helmet sans face mask and current helmet mark

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

The one thing I liked about the Jets uniforms were the helmets and the word mark on the helmet. I’d even say they should keep the helmet sans face mask and current helmet mark

Legacy helmet is infinity x better than current helmet.

AP23275093969647-1200x800.jpg

monday-night-football-aaron-rodgers-in-t

riddell-new-york-jets-legacy-2023-speed-

New-York-Jets-v-Green-Bay-Packers-1a240b

Aaron-Rodgers-NY-Jets-Legacy.jpg

-1200Wx1200H-000000000008055799-1.png

• Like 13

4 hours ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

Unless you can convincingly clean up the shoulders on Namath/Parcells era uniform which always had issues under Nike.

usa_today_9781117.0.jpg

This was always the funniest bit to me, that it’s somehow the template’s fault… when all that needs to happen is that the stripe insert on the green uniform flips from white-green-white to green-white-green and then the jersey is fixed.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

usa_today_9781117.0.jpg

https-3A-2F-2Fthejetpress-com-2Ffiles-2F

ghows-LK-2f789696-679e-421f-8e22-87e8470

The new FUSE that Mississippi and LSU use can work. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, CC97 said:

Anyone else remember just how excited everyone was that the New York Jets were ditching the 80s/90s look in favour of the 60s throwbacks?

Circle of life.

I think most Jets fans would still prefer a modern/cleaned up version of the 60's Namath/'98 Parcells era, but this is a clear upgrade over the current set by miles. Hopefully they'll do an alternate at some point and we can again decide which we like better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Which they've done, like, twice ever with the current uniforms. Maybe three times. And they still refuse to wear silver pants on the road. They look like a high-school team or a low-budget MAC school 99% of the time. Then there's the Brady uniforms, which were hot garbage.

The Falcons' uniforms aren't spectacular either, but acting like they're any worse than what the Patriots have been rolling out for the past 23+ years is an example of winning bias.

It's also weird that anyone thinks Belichick would care how the team looks when he himself shows up to every game looking like a slob in his tattered sweatshirts.

I wasn't referring to the Brady-era uniforms, which were dog:censored:.  

I was referring to their current set that, when worn properly, are a top-tier look.  

The current Falcons uniforms are a dick hair away from being in the XFL.

46 minutes ago, CC97 said:

Anyone else remember just how excited everyone was that the New York Jets were ditching the 80s/90s look in favour of the 60s throwbacks?

Circle of life.

It's a perfect example of "be careful what you wish for". I just hope the Texans uniforms aren't as bad as I fear. A color they can't use as a primary color being shoehorned in and the jerseys having multiple templates is making me nervous. 

Just now, rfraser85 said:

It's a perfect example of "be careful what you wish for". I just hope the Texans uniforms aren't as bad as I fear. A color they can't use as a primary color being shoehorned in and the jerseys having multiple templates is making me nervous. 

The Texans can throw back to the Oilers, which we'd love, and it would give our kids 20 years from now an opportunity to throw back to the Texans... which future us would love. 

• Like 1

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I think it looked great with a Black facemask.

Disagree on this one. The whole point of why the legacy uniforms beat out the current uniforms is that black is not shoehorned into the color scheme. The white facemask fits way better with the white wordmark.

• Like 2

The best the Jets have ever looked was a complete accident:

e3e78e66-8e3b-4d77-8998-592b3d4e1dcd_594

80s helmet, Namath uniforms. Adapt it to the modern templates by making the shoulder stripe white-green-white (and vice versa) like others have suggested. Boom, you're done.

(Unrelated side note: I've always been pro-black helmet for the Falcons... this picture might have me reconsidering.)

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

ExJworW.png