2024 NFL Changes

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Seahawks Sportslogos.net article has an interest comments section.

ZvTefRA.png

The weirdest part is him saying Nike has been working on this new logo for the Broncos for five years.  Not sure how a digital printer in Ohio would know that information...and not sure how that length of time would be possible with the Broncos' ownership change, especially with the surveys only going out in 2022. It's possible but not likely.  If Nike designers are telling third-party digital printers (who aren't stakeholders in Nike) that a new design is in the works five years in advance, then it seems like a weird situation for the designers. 

The NDA stuff...meh...Jesse isn't disclosing anything proprietary. Reddit posters think NDAs force people to not talk about it at all, and that's not 100% true, so the comments on Reddit about this are hilariously off base (if anyone happens to read them). 

Does anyone know if the one sheets/logo slicks are actually sent out in January by the NFL?  

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not sure if he meant next year or in a few months, but the Broncos owner said this last week:

A UNIFORM UPDATE

While the focus Tuesday centered on the team's on-field performance, Penner also addressed speculation surrounding the Broncos' uniforms. While he said there will be "things coming there in the future," Penner stated the team had no announcement to make regarding the organization's jerseys.

"Nothing to announce on new uniforms today," Penner said. "That's also been a learning for me. I just figured when you wanted to change your uniforms, you just made a new uniform. But, boy, it's a several-year process with the league and Nike to get there. So we'll be having some things coming there in the future, but nothing to announce today."

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-notebook-owner-ceo-greg-penner-pleased-with-empower-field-at-mile-high-u

• Like 3

Maybe nothing:

All Broncos Nike game jerseys on Fanatics have been reduced by 30-40%; the Seahawks and Titans jerseys are still full price, as are Texans and Lions (to be expected for the playoffs).  

Edit: apparently only men’s and kids’ sizes have been reduced for Denver? After more inspection, this could be an inventory issue (and it looks like a blank jersey liquidation, which seems to mean new design is on the way). For men, all orange jerseys are unavailable in size large, and all navy jerseys are only available for 3XL…which pretty much means every jersey sold these days is numbered after the purchase. 

https://www.fanatics.com/?query=nike game jersey broncos&_ref=p-DLP:m-SEARCH

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As much as I would love for my Titans to get new uniforms, I just don't see it happening right now with the new stadium coming in a few years.

There are some arguments this would be the right time considering the Derrick Henry era is likely over, but the lack of actual rumours aside from this one commenter doesn't instill any confidence in me that there will be a change. 

I reeeeally hope I'm wrong and we can get rid of this awful paint-by-numbers set though.

• Like 1

8prlQWA.png

On the Belichick to the Falcons front...I cannot get over the thought of seeing the conservative Belichick coaching the Falcons in these God-awful uniforms.

Is there any way, shape or form the Falcons could petition to make a change this season, reverting to their Throwback looks as a full-time uniform?  Obviously there's the 2-year rule, but...I could almost see Bill looking at Arthur Blank in a meeting and saying, "Arthur, I can't walk out on the field with a team that looks like that."

The Throwback unis as a full-time set with an Away version would change that dramatically.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

On the Belichick to the Falcons front...I cannot get over the thought of seeing the conservative Belichick coaching the Falcons in these God-awful uniforms.

Is there any way, shape or form the Falcons could petition to make a change this season, reverting to their Throwback looks as a full-time uniform?  Obviously there's the 2-year rule, but...I could almost see Bill looking at Arthur Blank in a meeting and saying, "Arthur, I can't walk out on the field with a team that looks like that."

The Throwback unis as a full-time set with an Away version would change that dramatically.

I think they can do that. The Rams did the same thing with their navy jerseys in 2018, and the Jaguars swapped the designations on their teal and black jerseys in 2021. The only problem is the Falcons might still have to use the black helmets, but they did that until the red helmet was an option again. As a bonus, this could make for a smoother transition to new uniforms for the Falcons next year if they go that route. They could even make a red version for an alternate.

It would also resolve the Falcons having two black jerseys with white numbers.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I think they can do that. The Rams did the same thing with their navy jerseys in 2018, and the Jaguars swapped the designations on their teal and black jerseys in 2021. The only problem is the Falcons might still have to use the black helmets, but they did that until the red helmet was an option again. As a bonus, this could make for a smoother transition to new uniforms for the Falcons next year if they go that route. They could even make a red version for an alternate.

This is my preferred route for my home team Falcons. Would love if they switched designations for the home uniform and helmet shell. The current uniforms aren't all that bad to me, but just not something I would go spend money on to wear out in public. I almost always get vintage gear to represent the team. Most fans agree as well. The new unis remind me of when the Hawks changed in 2015, to the trendy volt color. Needless to say it wore away quickly amd they have a gorgeous set now. Falcons need to recognize the same and go old school. We have an amazing set that's top 3 imho

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian E said:

i know i had brought up the jets a couple of weeks ago. currently, all jets jerseys in the current design are on sale on NFL Shop and Jets Shop. the legacy jerseys are not...

That guy must have confused Tennessee with the old New York Titans...

• LOL 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, LunarLeo said:

This is my preferred route for my home team Falcons. Would love if they switched designations for the home uniform and helmet shell. The current uniforms aren't all that bad to me, but just not something I would go spend money on to wear out in public. I almost always get vintage gear to represent the team. Most fans agree as well. The new unis remind me of when the Hawks changed in 2015, to the trendy volt color. Needless to say it wore away quickly amd they have a gorgeous set now. Falcons need to recognize the same and go old school. We have an amazing set that's top 3 imho

Can't echo this enough. 

I personally think the Falcons current uniforms are good, for what they are trying to be: cutting edge, but simplistic in design. And I understand that the 2003-Present logo is kind of the mark of the Blank estate, so as long as they own the team it's likely to not change (could be wrong about that, but it's a stamp that signifies to the shift from the Rankin Smith era to the Blank era). 

But me and my friends gobble up the throwback gear and never are wearing the contemporary stuff. I have one of the Nike gradient jerseys and honestly it pairs pretty nice with black jeans and black shoes. Other than that, my Falcons hats, shirts, coffee mugs, heck, even my mini-helmet I keep at my work desk is from the 90s. 

If the original logo could just be slightly adjusted to where the bird's face doesn't look like it has a petrified expression, I think going back to it would get an overwhelmingly positive reaction from fans. It looks more like a sports logo. The current logo just reeks of both catering to youth and the early 2000s when graphic design in sports went a bit *too far* thanks to digital rendering.

And in a league where there's too many teams electing to wear all-black, why not be the NFC team with red helmets and jerseys? The Chiefs are the only team in the league that wears red + red (unless Houston is going to change that in a few months here). With the two-helmet rule, Atlanta could have a red-red-white home // red-white-white road // black-black-white alternate, toss in some grey pants as an option, and bam, you not only have made every fan happy (because the fanbase can't agree on which era to go back to), but we'll have a design that doesn't spoil after a few seasons like the past two have. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

One of the most trusted sources on this message board said the Arizona Cardinals were about to change the game with "colors no one has ever heard of before" only for them to trot out the laziest crap we've ever seen. And I'm supposed to take a mothership commenter at face value? the sewer mutants who will SWAT each other in the comment section of the Winnipeg Jets anniversary logo that looked like a TV station? Okay.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

As opposed to the Patriots' uniforms, which were always way worse?

The Patriots uniforms, especially when wearing Navy over Grey, are infinitely better than what the Falcons are currently wearing.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

So it's possible for them to swap their Throwbacks out with their current Home uniform, as long as they keep the Black helmet?  SOLD.

Would they be able to add an Away alternate jersey, or would they have to keep wearing their current White jersey?

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

The Patriots uniforms, especially when wearing Navy over Grey, are infinitely better than what the Falcons are currently wearing.

If you're referring to the Brady era Patriots uniforms, they definitely weren't. Not only did they look worse, they looked way less "traditional" than the current Falcons uniforms, even with the abbreviated wordmark. 

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

If you're referring to the Brady era Patriots uniforms, they definitely weren't. Not only did they look worse, they looked way less "traditional" than the current Falcons uniforms, even with the abbreviated wordmark. 

I'll always see the Belichick/Brady Patriots uniforms as the "NFL Europe Meta" 

GettyImages-829266910-e1698862999736.jpg?w=1056rhein-fires-safety-richard-yancy-right-tackles-cologne-centurions-running-back-rodnick-phillips-during-their-nfl-europe-game-at-the-arena-aufschalke-in-gelsenkirchen-germany-on-sunday-april-4-2004-the-nfl-developmental-league-now-has-four-of-its-six-teams-in-germany-with-the-cologne-centurions-replacing-the-barcelona-dragons-who-folded-after-last-season-ap-photomartin-meissner-2NGF8R9.jpg

spt_10world_bowl_locals.IMG_06-10-2005_7S4O0M3.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'll always see the Belichick/Brady Patriots uniforms as the "NFL Europe Meta" 

GettyImages-829266910-e1698862999736.jpg?w=1056rhein-fires-safety-richard-yancy-right-tackles-cologne-centurions-running-back-rodnick-phillips-during-their-nfl-europe-game-at-the-arena-aufschalke-in-gelsenkirchen-germany-on-sunday-april-4-2004-the-nfl-developmental-league-now-has-four-of-its-six-teams-in-germany-with-the-cologne-centurions-replacing-the-barcelona-dragons-who-folded-after-last-season-ap-photomartin-meissner-2NGF8R9.jpg

spt_10world_bowl_locals.IMG_06-10-2005_7S4O0M3.jpg

Yeah I understand not liking the current Pats or Falcons uniforms, but the people here who were acting like they're this garish travesty compared to the Reebok sets before it with the random panels and piping to nowhere was the perfect indicator of how fickle this board can be. 

• Like 6