2024 NFL Changes

8 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I mentioned this in another thread (or maybe it was this one?), but perhaps Houston missed their workaround of the Oilers IP. Rather than simply adding light blue to navy and red a la the 2003 LA Avengers (and for those who remember, the amount of light blue seemed to increase ever so slightly from the time they first added it as the slightest bit of trim), perhaps they should have explored co-opting the Colorado Rapids/West Ham United colorway of light blue and maroon/crimson/garnet...???

Just a thought...I or someone would have to concept that out to see how it'd look.

Darkening the red would defeat the point of having the color scheme in the first place. It’s a similar dynamic to the somewhat common suggestion of adding pewter to the Bucs’ creamsicles — darkening the color scheme to fit as the primary set kind of ruins the whole point, it takes away what was originally appealing.

I’m not suggesting that simply adding light blue to their current color scheme is the way to go, either. That just puts them even closer to the Titans, when the two teams really ought to be distancing from each other. 

Although the Texans obviously can’t just recreate the Oilers uniform design, I truly wonder if there’s any reason why they couldn’t just use the color scheme full-time if they really  wanted to. I have to imagine they could’ve made a claim to it before the Titans reintroduced the Oilers throwback, but now it might be a bit tough. The logo wouldn’t really work great in that color scheme, either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I truly wonder if there’s any reason why they couldn’t just use the color scheme full-time if they really  wanted to

Pretty sure the Titans trademarked the colors

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Which will they get right first, the uniforms or their on-the-field performance?

They should take the example of the Buffalo Sabres, who finally fixed their uniforms after a decade and a half of wandering the desert with navy blue, despite being in the midst of a complete tailspin and posting one of the worst seasons in franchise history in the first season of the new set.

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Like I said, The Titans don't really use red on their uniforms. Red and light blue and less Navy would separate them pretty good.

Red and Light Blue won't look as good as Red & Navy IMO. It differentiate them but why do it if it's a worse brand? They should just drop their dream of returning to the light blue. They lost that color when the Oilers left. I just can't see the light blue working with their current logo positively. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

just asking for the bare minimum here for these new uniforms for any of the teams 

1. Do not use stripeless pants

2. Do not use solid white socks

3. No side panels on jersey

4. No gradients

5. No mismatched color shoulder caps

6. No huge wordmarks on front.

7. No weird ad like patches (like Rams).

• Like 13

4r2eer.png

With all of the blue in the Rams uniform, the all-blue for Detroit is just unacceptable. Grey pants would make this game so much easier to look at. 

There really needs to be a branch of the NFL that governs uniform matchups from the top, down. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

I don't hate the Lions mono blue look; it would be much better with white socks. The pant stripes make a huge difference for mono uniforms.

I think gray socks would be better. It would bookend with the helmet. I don't think the Lions look good with white socks in any combo.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I think gray socks would be better. It would bookend with the helmet. I don't think the Lions look good with white socks in any combo.

Gray socks have never looked good.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Gray socks have never looked good.

Maybe not, but I would prefer silver or gray over white for the Lions. If the Lions had white helmets I might like white socks more with the blue helmets and pants combo. That said, I think the Lions chose the right socks tonight given their current options. Hopefully they'll start wearing the silver pants and blue socks together again soon and make this all moot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rfraser85 said:

Maybe not, but I would prefer silver or gray over white for the Lions. If the Lions had white helmets I might like white socks more with the blue helmets and pants combo. That said, I think the Lions chose the right socks tonight given their current options. Hopefully they'll start wearing the silver pants and blue socks together again soon and make this all moot.

Fair enough.  I suppose solid gray would be fine.  The gray top / white bottom that they tried before was awful.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I want to like this look, but it just looks kind of off to me.

I guess they thought they needed a little more blue into their uniforms. To me, this look was very awkward or they were trying to fit with then uniform changes that the Eagles, 49ers, Broncos, Bucs, Cowboys (their road navy jerseys), and some teams that tweak their look in the mid to late 1990's, but to be honest, that look would of been better if the helmet was white, but that will never happen. So it was basically very awkward and top heavy to say at least.

On 1/13/2024 at 2:27 PM, tBBP said:

*Not necessarily in reference to 5280, but other local/cultural aspects that some people don't know, haven't seen, dismiss or so quickly diss. But again...another topic for another forum.

Hi, would you like to talk about our Lord and Savior the Portland Airport carpet?

• LOL 4

Looking at the Bucs tonight, I wonder if they should look into red socks. The black socks look fine with the white jerseys, but they look off with the red jerseys. Maybe that's part of why they don't wear the red jerseys often besides the heat.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Looking at the Bucs tonight, I wonder if they should look into red socks. The black socks look fine with the white jerseys, but they look off with the red jerseys. Maybe that's part of why they don't wear the red jerseys often besides the heat.

The pewter pants/black socks look better than usual tonight, maybe it's just the lighting.