2024 NFL Changes

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It's also weird that anyone thinks Belichick would care how the team looks when he himself shows up to every game looking like a slob in his tattered sweatshirts.

I thought the story was that Belichick wanted to dress like an adult but the league wouldn't let him so he went in the opposite direction and dressed as shabbily as possible to make a point, which then backfired on him by becoming his Personal Brand and making it unimaginable that he'd ever wear nice clothes.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Is there an actual color difference between the regular green Jets helmet and the throwback helmet?

I don't think there was. I think the Jets had the throwback made with their current shade of green. They probably thought it wasn't worth painting the helmets a slightly different shade of green or liked the current shade enough to create a "modern throwback". And based on that becoming their next uniform, the fans liked it in that color.

15 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Is there an actual color difference between the regular green Jets helmet and the throwback helmet?

I believe they are the same exact shell. They probably could’ve implemented the throwbacks before the removal of the one-helmet rule if they so wanted to.

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

I thought the story was that Belichick wanted to dress like an adult but the league wouldn't let him so he went in the opposite direction and dressed as shabbily as possible to make a point, which then backfired on him by becoming his Personal Brand and making it unimaginable that he'd ever wear nice clothes.

Well Belichick clearly didn't fight as hard as Mike Nolan.

spacer.png

Unfortunately for Nolan, there seemed to be an inverse relationship between how well they dressed and how well they coached.

• Like 2

spacer.png

I'm in the camp that the "legacy" uniform is boring. The helmet is great, but just standard stripes and block numbers are as dull as it gets. 

To me, the proper New York Jets uniform is the Testaverde/Curtis Martin era uniform -- callback to the classic with a darker shade of green. They really just needed to figure out the striping application. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

I've always had an opinion that if a team wants to go back to wearing a throwback look full-time, it needs to come with some updates, even if they are small. The Sack Exchange uniforms need to keep the metallic green helmets, and IMO need an updated number font. Nothing too fancy or outlandish, but something to help these uniforms feel more modern.

• Like 5
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

15 hours ago, TreyEight said:

Next should be the Jaguars. Brunell-Boselli unis was awesome 

Are there ANY rumors out there for my Jags? I haven't seen a peep online. Only thing our fans have leaned on was Fred Taylor tweeting in January 2023 that "they got some good stuff coming down the pipeline"

22 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

To me, the proper New York Jets uniform is the Testaverde/Curtis Martin era uniform -- callback to the classic with a darker shade of green. They really just needed to figure out the striping application. 

That’s a great template, but that green is so drab it makes the uniform look lifeless and dreary. I would like to see that striping pattern with the current green.

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Do you mean what they wore as the throwback or the actual throwback?

The actual shell is/was different. As pointed out, they just swapped decals.

It's where I sit.

8 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you mean what they wore as the throwback or the actual throwback?

The actual shell is/was different. As pointed out, they just swapped decals.

The same green from the 1978-1997 helmets, but they did the coating similar to the Houston Texans did to their cardinal red helmets (I noticed that the Texans red is slightly darker than the regular red) albeit they wanted the gloss to have a shiny feel to it which is why it looks dark when in a different angle.

32 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

That’s a great template, but that green is so drab it makes the uniform look lifeless and dreary. I would like to see that striping pattern with the current green.

I'd be cool with that, not using an all-time template and one unique to the Jets seems like such a waste.

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

IMO need an updated number font. Nothing too fancy or outlandish, but something to help these uniforms feel more modern.

There's no reason to update the font. That's just changing something for the sake of changing something. You can never go wrong with standard block font.

• Like 3

I may be one of the few who don't hate the Jets' current uniform, even with the numbers outlines in black. The problem is the alternate black uniform for which they shoehorned the black into the uniforms in the first place. That said, setting aside my personal annoyance for teams reverting to throwback uniforms "just because" (in this case, nostalgia being a helluva drug), I really won't have an issue with the Jets adopting the Sack Exchange sets as their next primary—so long as they commit to it and don't change it again in 5 years when a new generation of whatever exists of Jets nations starts clamoring for the 60s/70s sets to come back. 

All that said...I hope they reduce the amount of green on that collar to some trim piping Ala the Buccaneers' collars, because that all-green collar as is currently is incredibly distracting.

(Oh, and I also hope Nike doesn't try to "Nikefy" those Champion Block-era numbers, either. Either leave them as is or slap their current numbers, sans trim, on the next sets. But no unnecessary hackneyed cuts/angles on an otherwise standard block style, please...)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

I may be one of the few who don't hate the Jets' current uniform, even with the numbers outlines in black. The problem is the alternate black uniform for which they shoehorned the black into the uniforms in the first place. That said, setting aside my personal annoyance for teams reverting to throwback uniforms "just because" (in this case, nostalgia being a helluva drug), I really won't have an issue with the Jets adopting the Sack Exchange sets as their next primary—so long as they commit to it and don't change it again in 5 years when a new generation of whatever exists of Jets nations starts clamoring for the 60s/70s sets to come back. 

All that said...I hope they reduce the amount of green on that collar to some trim piping Ala the Buccaneers' collars, because that all-green collar as is currently is incredibly distracting.

(Oh, and I also hope Nike doesn't try to "Nikefy" those Champion Block-era numbers, either. Either leave them as is or slap their current numbers, sans trim, on the next sets. But no unnecessary hackneyed cuts/angles on an otherwise standard block style, please...)

This is that rare occasion where the easy thing to do is also the right thing. Hopefully Nike does just make a green version of the Sack Exchange jersey and that's it.

That said, hopefully NFL uniforms don't just fall into "what's old is new again". I don't want every uniform to look like a recolored Northwestern or UCLA style.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

Will be excited to see an updated modern version of this.

ceb259c7-00ea-4351-b276-25882c8408c4_236

0a6957d555fa4d1beeb841b743ec46dd.jpg

9dbfad5e-54c8-4765-8af3-22c0e0bb7700_203

f387d4b9-6600-422d-a580-71e4b82a17dd_160

Fun fact: They chose those TV numbers specifically so the astronauts on Skylab could tell the players apart.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

12 hours ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

Unless you can convincingly clean up the shoulders on Namath/Parcells era uniform which always had issues under Nike.

usa_today_9781117.0.jpg

All they need to do is reverse the colors on the shoulder insert.  Green-white-green would achieve the desired effect just fine (or simply white-green if they can make the insert narrower.)

It's soooo easy to make this work!  This is the Jets forever look.  The only criticism I have is the helmet logo.   I'd be fine with the oval NY.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, burgundy said:

Well Belichick clearly didn't fight as hard as Mike Nolan.

spacer.png

Unfortunately for Nolan, there seemed to be an inverse relationship between how well they dressed and how well they coached.

I do miss coaches in suits.  Shame it’s even gone the way of the dodo in a lot of basketball now, too.

• Like 3