2024 NFL Changes

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Hey, at least it means they haven’t officially ruled out socks that contrast with the pants. 

No, but that doesn't mean they'll wear those combos either. That was from GUD, and the graphics artist likes to create all possible combos in advance for in-season use. Also, there will still be players that wear white socks/leggings even if the official uniform release is navy or orange.

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

Regarding the Guardian caps, is there any advantage / disadvantage to making your head extra huge? Like a DL taking up more space when trying to fill holes? Or a RB grazing a defenders shoulders due to the cap and losing balance or being otherwise affected?

Kansas City receivers will be further off sides and Mahomes will have even more toddler tantrums about it

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, rfraser85 said:

No, but that doesn't mean they'll wear those combos either. That was from GUD, and the graphics artist likes to create all possible combos in advance for in-season use. Also, there will still be players that wear white socks/leggings even if the official uniform release is navy or orange.

That needs to be nipped in the bud. C’mon, Goodell - give Merton Hanks his old job back and tell him to crack down on sock violators with extreme prejudice. 

Seriously, I wish the league cared more about presentation. Non-uniform uniforms, slob shirts, looks that would stink even at a collegiate level…even coaches who didn’t care about design would have told you that uniformity in appearance across a team is important for what it signifies…maybe not Shula since the Dolphins wore different helmet designs in the Super Bowl, but Lombardi, Landry, Noll, Walsh, Madden, Grant, etc. are probably rolling over in their respective graves. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

There's one jersey I wish that we could have seen debut this year from a team that's not changing jerseys this season. I think the Bengals need to create a version of their white jersey with orange shoulder stripes. The current version doesn't have enough orange to go with the primary helmet, but it looks great with the white helmet. Also, having orange stripes would better match the black jersey and create a potential "modern throwback" look to the 80's Bengals using the white pants with orange stripes and orange socks.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

That needs to be nipped in the bud. C’mon, Goodell - give Merton Hanks his old job back and tell him to crack down on sock violators with extreme prejudice. 

Seriously, I wish the league cared more about presentation. Non-uniform uniforms, slob shirts, looks that would stink even at a collegiate level…even coaches who didn’t care about design would have told you that uniformity in appearance across a team is important for what it signifies…maybe not Shula since the Dolphins wore different helmet designs in the Super Bowl, but Lombardi, Landry, Noll, Walsh, Madden, Grant, etc. are probably rolling over in their respective graves. 

I do too, but any time I read things like this, I sigh and think 'not everyone is a nerd like we are'.

Do you know what the league thinks about? Making money. This presentation doesn't cost them money. In fact, I'm certain that the league makes money due to all of the uniform changes and alternates, because if they didn't -- it wouldn't be allowed.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I do too, but any time I read things like this, I sigh and think 'not everyone is a nerd like we are'.

Do you know what the league thinks about? Making money. This presentation doesn't cost them money. In fact, I'm certain that the league makes money due to all of the uniform changes and alternates, because if they didn't -- it wouldn't be allowed.

Alternates and uniform changes aren't the problem. It's the sloppiness of the uniforms. I can accept changing uniforms, and some of them are an improvement. But there is no reason teams can't have matching socks or tucked in undershirts. It's about professionalism more than anything else. If your job has a dress code, you should follow it.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Alternates and uniform changes aren't the problem. It's the sloppiness of the uniforms. I can accept changing uniforms, and some of them are an improvement. But there is no reason teams can't have matching socks or tucked in undershirts. It's about professionalism more than anything else. If your job has a dress code, you should follow it.

OK - if we're expressing pipe dream wants, then I want each team to have one 'home' uniform with a non-white jersey, and one 'away' uniform with a white jersey. One helmet. Socks that aren't a single color.

Again - we're saying these things with an expectation that the league cares, but clearly they don't, or they'd do something about it. 

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I’m not even talking about uniform changes and alternates - I’m talking about the quality of (some of) the changes and the way they’re worn on the field. They just look so sloppy anymore. 

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

GMNz1SfWwAAvIRn?format=jpg&name=large

Is there any room to suggest the roundel from the Washington rebrand looks similar to the Bombers roundel on the bottom left?

Oh they’re definitely basically the same logo. But given both teams have military-ish themes, I would assume that’s a common design style found in that world, though I can’t say for sure. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

GMNz1SfWwAAvIRn?format=jpg&name=large

Is there any room to suggest the roundel from the Washington rebrand looks similar to the Bombers roundel on the bottom left?

How have I never seen these alternate logos? Post the rest.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

How have I never seen these alternate logos? Post the rest.

Are they real, or an after the fact creation? I recall the Hound Dogs logo was shown to be the M from a more modern version of Mountain Dew.

It's where I sit.

Were those Baltimore, Memphis, and St. Louis uniforms legit? It seems odd to me that teams that never came to fruition would have gone that far down the branding road.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

Were those Baltimore, Memphis, and St. Louis uniforms legit? It seems odd to me that teams that never came to fruition would have gone that far down the branding road.

They were. That Houndogs isn't anything like that fake Mountain Dew dog, and it's been around for awhile. I also would like to see the sheets for the other three. 

People have also shown actual Stallions and Bombers unis that were made for unveiling just in case. 

• Like 1