2024 NFL Changes

10 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Except it doesn't look like that on the modern template. The number and horn get squished in a way that's unappealing and with a more modern camera, the differences in the royal blue jersey and navy helmet look awful.  While the Rams didn't get everything right with the current uniform, I appreciate the attempt. Get rid of the name tag and replicate the white jersey as blue and they have a current interpretation of this that worksspacer.png

Or they can go this route like these several concept here (minus the St. Louis colors they have on this),

nfl-redesign-jersey-concept-l-a-rams.png

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

They like having their stuff made by a local company. Honestly, I love that. The Packers are integral in Wisconsin culture down to who makes their uniforms. I hate them, but I also love them.

This Vikings fan is conflicted

packers-mcqueen.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

32 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Or they can go this route like these several concept here (minus the St. Louis colors they have on this),

nfl-redesign-jersey-concept-l-a-rams.png

That's basically what I said... The only difference is there's no gap in the horn design and a different shade of yellow. I can live with that. I just don't get the high praise of the throwback because as I said, it doesn't look great on the modern uniform template. This pushes the essence of their throwback but makes it work with the current template and a better pants design.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

15 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The one thing that always bothered me about the 80s-90s Rams uniforms is the white nameplate and pants stripe. There isn't any white on the rest of the uniform, so why those two minor elements? I'd prefer to see it all in blue and yellow.

Also, that uniform is one of the few that I think looks better with modern jersey templates. The Dickerson-era shoulder horns are too huge, but on the current jersey cuts, the shoulder horns are a lot more proportionate:

Todd Gurley talks joining Falcons, which number he'll wear - The Falcoholic

• Like 6
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

A lazy argument can easily be made in the opposite direction, too: Changing a uniform to something gimmicky because it's "modern" is a cash grab begging for attention. Modern uniforms can be nice to look at for a time, but the only reason some of them get steam is social media.

Uniforms aren't that simple and can't be boiled down to those arguments. Each team's uniforms should be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

Completely fair. Modern doesn't make it amazing and it can be used as a cash grab all the same.  If we're going case by case, I've stated my reason for not liking the Rams throwbacks used on today's template. For other teams (Broncos), it shows a lot of inconsistencies that we dismiss because it's a throwback, but would have issues with today. If we're going to compare designs, you have to keep the scale equal and critique it the same way.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I've said it before - "lazy" and "cheap" are terms people use to dismiss something without spending the time to elaborate further.

Ironically, the word "lazy" is usually the hallmark of a lazy post!

8 hours ago, infrared41 said:

How is it "lazy and cheap?"

It's all nostalgia. It couldn't possibly be because people prefer the look of the throwbacks, right?

It's lazy and cheap because it doesn't advance a brand/look and settles for decent.  It settles for "Ah, people used to love this. Just bring it back". The Rams throwback on Dickerson looks great because the bigger sleeve captures the desired look of the swooping horn from the armpit to the sleeve. In the picture I used, you can see on the O-lineman that the design can be messed up quickly and takes away from the desired look. The design starts at the shoulder and loses the same swoop or gets cut off in this uniform. When players wore bigger sleeves like Bradford in the Throwback, it worked and captured what the Throwback was.  Players aren't doing so, it makes a solid look worse and I would rather modernize it so a uniform works than just say old look is good when it doesn't translate the same.spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 2

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'll be honest, the new Rams set has really grown on me. I think the yellow could be little more athletic gold and less highlighter but the general layout, I kinda like.

I even love the gradient and segmentation in the numbers! My only issue with the Rams set is the bone and a little too bright yellow. But honestly it only bothers me in a few photos, so most of the time, the yellow works. It’s not quite the travesty that people make it out to be. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

16 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

spacer.png

The proportions of the sleeve swoop in this picture aren't too dissimilar to the proportions on the modern jersey imo. Maybe lose the TV number and thicken it a little bit, but other than that, I'd love to see the Rams bring back this look (also fix the helmet color, of course). The fact is that the Rams have never had a perfect look and likely never will. And everyone has their own opoinion on what "perfect" would be.

29 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

While we're discussing Green Bay... Don't change a stitch.

As much as I hate that team, this is best looking game every single year.

1358680721.0.jpg

I see your GB-CHI and raise you LV-KC

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'll be honest, the new Rams set has really grown on me. I think the yellow could be little more athletic gold and less highlighter but the general layout, I kinda like.

It was instantly improved with the addition and promotion of the white jersey.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

2 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I even love the gradient and segmentation in the numbers! My only issue with the Rams set is the bone and a little too bright yellow. But honestly it only bothers me in a few photos, so most of the time, the yellow works. It’s not quite the travesty that people make it out to be. 

That's the joy of opinions.

Mine are that the yellow needs to be toned down, and the fruit rollups need to be peeled off of the numbers. I think the horn was change for the sake of change, but I'm not convinced it's any better or worse than the previous versions.

• Like 5

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That's the joy of opinions.

Mine are that the yellow needs to be toned down, and the fruit rollups need to be peeled off of the numbers. I think the horn was change for the sake of change, but I'm not convinced it's any better or worse than the previous versions.

Agree with all of this. I’m hopeful this change is what happens after this season too. A tone down, not a redo. I’m actually okay with the use of bone pants, but only if they lose the stripes and only gets worn with the blue jersey (which won’t happen and we know it). 

19 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

It's lazy and cheap because it doesn't advance a brand/look and settles for decent. 

All due respect, but that's a lazy-ass argument. Where is it written that a brand/look has to "advance?" You're basically just saying "I want things my way." And that's fine, we all do it, but stop presenting it like it's the law of uniform design. It's your opinion. No more, no less. Just like everyone else here.

Who determines what's "decent" and what's good? You?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

BB52Big.jpg

14 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Not to sound like a broken record, but to me, the reason it is a travesty is because I truly believe that the old ram helmet and horns was iconic. Maybe I'm wrong on that... IDK. 

I wasn't into uniform aesthetics back in 2000, but what were reactions like when the Rams went from the blue/yellow to navy/gold? At the time, I was 14 and thought the new golds were awesome (and I still think that first few years looked great with the gold pants until they started doing all navy BS). But now I wonder if my current self would have been up in arms that they moved away from their traditional look.