2024 NFL Changes

33 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

It's close enough and it looks worlds better than their current set.

32 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

There are easy fixes for both those issues: Remove the TV numbers and make the helmet royal blue. Would be absolutely perfect and take little effort.

I'd rather take the current uniforms. Sticking to throwbacks or going to them because they're "classic" is lazy and cheap. Throwbacks are nice to think about for a time, but the only reason these get steam is nostalgia and the Rams' look was horrendous in the first years back in LA. 

They hit on the white version of their current uniform. Replicate it as the blue with no gradient and remove the Rams patch and you have a modern look that doesn't  just feed on the "Good ole days." To even use the recent rebrands, I will take the Lions trying to transform an old look over the Jets just pulling an old look (for them to lose in them and want something new again). 

• Meh 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

6 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I'd rather take the current uniforms. Sticking to throwbacks or going to them because they're "classic" is lazy and cheap. Throwbacks are nice to think about for a time, but the only reason these get steam is nostalgia and the Rams' look was horrendous in the first years back in LA. 

They hit on the white version of their current uniform. Replicate it as the blue with no gradient and remove the Rams patch and you have a modern look that doesn't  just feed on the "Good ole days." To even use the recent rebrands, I will take the Lions trying to transform an old look over the Jets just pulling an old look (for them to lose in them and want something new again). 

Still need to put a blue collar on that white jersey. I'd happily take a blockier number, but won't get greedy. Just give me the collar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I'd rather take the current uniforms. Sticking to throwbacks or going to them because they're "classic" is lazy and cheap.

How is it "lazy and cheap?"

1 hour ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Throwbacks are nice to think about for a time, but the only reason these get steam is nostalgia

It's all nostalgia. It couldn't possibly be because people prefer the look of the throwbacks, right?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Sticking to throwbacks or going to them because they're "classic" is lazy and cheap. Throwbacks are nice to think about for a time, but the only reason these get steam is nostalgia

A lazy argument can easily be made in the opposite direction, too: Changing a uniform to something gimmicky because it's "modern" is a cash grab begging for attention. Modern uniforms can be nice to look at for a time, but the only reason some of them get steam is social media.

Uniforms aren't that simple and can't be boiled down to those arguments. Each team's uniforms should be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Packers materials look extremely outdated. Updating to the Nike templates to match the rest of the NFL would be a welcome change. I'd also thicken up the sleeve stripes to match the helmet/pants better and ditch the white pants. 

I sort of disagree with this. There is something I love about the Packers jersey being slightly outdated. Plus I love the collar of their jerseys. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ruttep said:

What would you change about the Niners? (if it's the facemask color, I disagree)

Some people might not count this as a change since socks are kinda like the wild west at this point, but striped socks.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

How is it "lazy and cheap?"

I've said it before - "lazy" and "cheap" are terms people use to dismiss something without spending the time to elaborate further.

Ironically, the word "lazy" is usually the hallmark of a lazy post!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Speaking on the Rams again, the biggest travesty is still changing the horn on the helmet. They have changed color schemes and uniforms over the years so it's not unprecedented for them to come out with something new. But for F's sake, you had quite possibly the most classic helmet in the entire world and you changed it! It was so simple, so effective, so identifiable. Blue/yellow, blue/white, blue/gold who cares. Just keep your damn horn.

And the worst part is, changing the horn led to changing the horn on the shoulders, changing secondary logos, adding lines inside the numbers. It just led to more gimmicks. Mix all of that up with highlighter yellow and bone... well thats another topic 🤣

• Like 3
  • Meh 1

31 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

I sort of disagree with this. There is something I love about the Packers jersey being slightly outdated. Plus I love the collar of their jerseys. 

How exactly is it outdated? I mean, it's not like it's bell bottoms in the 21st century. A classic three piece suit is always classic.  What's 'outdated' are chasing fashion trends on NFL uniforms, only to revert to something more timeless. This look is essentially what the team has worn since 1961. It works and is immediately recognizable as the Packers. Sorry (not sorry) that it isn't on the latest template designed to be 0.022% lighter/faster/drier, but it's the right color green and it isn't unintentionally different shades of green on the jersey due to the latest technologies that can't replicate a color properly.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Speaking on the Rams again, the biggest travesty is still changing the horn on the helmet. They have changed color schemes and uniforms over the years so it's not unprecedented for them to come out with something new. But for F's sake, you had quite possibly the most classic helmet in the entire world and you changed it! It was so simple, so effective, so identifiable. Blue/yellow, blue/white, blue/gold who cares. Just keep your damn horn.

And the worst part is, changing the horn led to changing the horn on the shoulders, changing secondary logos, adding lines inside the numbers. It just led to more gimmicks. Mix all of that up with highlighter yellow and bone... well thats another topic 🤣

The old horn must have been outdated.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

It's where I sit.

9 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How exactly is it outdated? I mean, it's not like it's bell bottoms in the 21st century. A classic three piece suit is always classic.  What's 'outdated' are chasing fashion trends on NFL uniforms, only to revert to something more timeless. This look is essentially what the team has worn since 1961. It works and is immediately recognizable as the Packers. Sorry (not sorry) that it isn't on the latest template designed to be 0.022% lighter/faster/drier, but it's the right color green and it isn't unintentionally different shades of green on the jersey due to the latest technologies that can['t replicate a color properly.

Just for the record, i was replying to someone who said they are outdated. I do not feel that way. I like the template that they are on. When I used the word outdated, I was referring to their post in which they felt that they were. The Packer's jerseys (specifically their white) is probably my favorite in football. I wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The old horn must have been outdated.

The new one wasn’t even more realistic, unless actual Rams have notches that lead to segments of different shades of yellow. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Packers could just join the trend of updating the template only to add faux mesh/perforations to the numbers 

Or not. Timeless. Classic. Not just marketing speak.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Panthers updated their template. Why can’t Green Bay?

They like having their stuff made by a local company. Honestly, I love that. The Packers are integral in Wisconsin culture down to who makes their uniforms. I hate them, but I also love them.

This Vikings fan is conflicted

• Like 5

Weird soap box: we need more publically owned teams.     

You want the public's money for a stadium? Okay, then you get to be publically owned.

ridiculous that we can pay for a team and get nothing in return if an owner decides to skip town. Whole system is rotten   

• Applause 4

8 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Panthers updated their template. Why can’t Green Bay?

Deleted some other stuff that was probably meaner.  How about I paraphrase Sam Wyche?

'Would you stop updating your template?!?! You're the Green Bay Packers. You don't live in Carolina!'

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

15 minutes ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

They like having their stuff made by a local company. Honestly, I love that. The Packers are integral in Wisconsin culture down to who makes their uniforms. I hate them, but I also love them.

This Vikings fan is conflicted

Wasn’t aware of this. Good stuff.

• Love 1