2024 NFL Changes

1 minute ago, rfraser85 said:

This may be a stretch of merging modern and classic, but the Lions' new jerseys. I don't think any team has used Mustang style stripes, so it's a new use of a classic design. And it's a tie to the region that doesn't look forced.

It's definitely a stretch. Mustang style stripes, while new to NFL jerseys, are not in any way modern. They've been around since I was a kid and I was a kid a very long time ago. I don't see the Lions using them as being any different than when they used their old logo on their alternate helmet last year.

BB52Big.jpg

3 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I can live with the numerous options having been forced to look at these two bland uniforms for most of my life:

Bet365%20Colorado%20bonus%20code%20TSNCO

56a8e9a3c08a806f008bcd28?width=986&forma

That is one positive of the new set is that we will get more variety and they hopefully won't get as stale over time.

It will get stale very quickly, and they will modernize the Orange Crush throwbacks for full-time use in either 2029 or 2030. 

• Like 3

Jaguars and apparently the Giants and Vikings will debut new Throwbacks/Alts soon…is anyone else rumored to be doing anything?  

Anyone have a list of alt uniforms & helmets yet to be unveiled for the ‘24 season?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Jaguars and apparently the Giants and Vikings will debut new Throwbacks/Alts soon…is anyone else rumored to be doing anything?  

Anyone have a list of alt uniforms & helmets yet to be unveiled for the ‘24 season?

It has been posted previously-

Packers, Jaguars, Giants, Vikings, Ravens all have a new alternate helmet on the way

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TruColor said:

So - this new lighter Blue (officially designated as "H-Town Blue Light") is NOT the same shade as the old Oilers/Titans Columbia Blue/Titans Blue. Probably the reason the NFL said to go ahead with this. Original Columbia Blue on left, new H-Town Blue Light on right:

spacer.png  spacer.png

This makes sense. From  the moment the Texans started teasing the "H-Town blue," it looked more Panthers/Chargers electric blue to me than it did Titans/Oilers baby blue. I like it, I think it works for them.

The brighter red is also huge, part of the reason I think the outgoing set looked so drab was that the "Battle Red" was fairly dark. Going with a brighter candy-paint-inspired red will help with that a lot.

It's also interesting that the Lions apparently did not change their Honolulu blue shade, as it looked a bit brighter than previous versions, even in that one photo which offered a direct comparison. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Now the Browns just need to find a way to be as much fun to root for as the Kosar and Sipe teams were.

They were fun to root for with Flacco. Not so much with Watson back.

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I'm starting to realize I think I just don't like football uniforms in general anymore.

why do sleeve stripes not go around the entire sleeve anymore? why is everything so flat? why does everyone, including offensive linemen, have to have their uniforms vacuum-sealed? why do sleeve stripes not go around the entire sleeve anymore?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 2

53Ocz8U.png

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

spacer.png

To be fair, that's just an update of a classic look. Nike changed the number font, removed the outline on the shoulders and pants stripes and the black outline on the bolt, and changed the helmet numbers from black to blue. I'd call that tweaks more than "combining modern and classic."

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

To be fair, that's just an update of a classic look. Nike changed the number font, removed the outline on the shoulders and pants stripes and the black outline on the bolt, and changed the helmet numbers from black to blue. I'd call that tweaks more than "combining modern and classic."

Agreed - the most modern thing about that jersey is the lack of TV numbers (on the sleeves)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The new Texans number font is exactly why I don't want the Eagles to make any change other than fully returning to Kelly Green.

I shudder at the thought of whatever bird related font Nike cooks up next.

I think the days of every team getting a fully custom overdone font are behind us. Just this offseason, the Texans are the only team that happened with. Jets and Lions have pretty standard fonts. While the Broncos have a custom font it's not anything crazy. 

My guess would be the Eagles go the Broncos route. 

17 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The only issues I had with that set were the dumb pants stripes and the side panels. The helmet stripe was kinda silly, but it wasn't awful. Lose the side panels, fix the pants stripes, and that's a really nice uniform. I always liked the colors. 

Said this exact thing for a while. They now look like an unlicensed video game team. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

8 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I'm starting to realize I think I just don't like football uniforms in general anymore.

why do sleeve stripes not go around the entire sleeve anymore? why is everything so flat? why does everyone, including offensive linemen, have to have their uniforms vacuum-sealed? why do sleeve stripes not go around the entire sleeve anymore?

I'll try to answer each question individually.

Why do sleeve stripes not go around the entire sleeve anymore?  Sleeves are so short at this point that a full stripe would get cut off at the armpit and/or hit the torso of the jersey.

Why is everything so flat?  Players likely wanted lighter jerseys and more flexibility, so everything is made 2-D to reduce weight and rigidity.

Why does everyone, including offensive linemen, have to have their uniforms vacuum-sealed?  Tighter jerseys are harder to grab hold of, and the jerseys are lighter. Unfortunately, players have started wearing undershirts longer than the jerseys, possibly to reduce imprints on their skin.

These are based what I've read and how I interpret the tailoring.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, udubfan19 said:

Houston looks like the 2017 Arizona jerseys.

636720162940885123-2018-aaaaaaahouston09

It's a better version of those uniforms. I'm happy they didn't try to have that stripe go all the way across the back of the jerseys either.

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I used to think the Bears had the best uniforms in the NFL, but now I firmly believe it’s the Browns.

I'd say it's a tie. The Color Rash for the Browns is so plain and generic that if you count it in the overall rating it drops the Browns to a C instead of a B+. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png