2024 NFL Changes

So - this new lighter Blue (officially designated as "H-Town Blue Light") is NOT the same shade as the old Oilers/Titans Columbia Blue/Titans Blue. Probably the reason the NFL said to go ahead with this. Original Columbia Blue on left, new H-Town Blue Light on right:

spacer.png  spacer.png

• Like 14

I think I’ve made my stance on the Texans set clear for the past 11 hrs, but here’s the condensed version-

What I like-

• The home set is clearly the best of the bunch

• I guess the away jersey is alright, but it should’ve followed the home jersey design

• The stripes on the white pants and regular blue pants

What I don’t like-

• Everything else is awful and embarrassing 

• Managed to make the AFC South bluer

5/10

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, TruColor said:

So - this new lighter Blue (officially designated as "H-Town Blue Light") is NOT the same shade as the old Oilers/Titans Columbia Blue/Titans Blue. Probably the reason the NFL said to go ahead with this. Original Columbia Blue on left, new H-Town Blue Light on right:

spacer.png  spacer.png

So are they ripping off the Chargers now?

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

So are they ripping off the Chargers now?

285 C is a fairly common shade. I mean - the Packers, Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs, Commanders, and Cardinals all use 1235 C. Can't easily trademark particular colors (at least, not without a whole lot of legal hurdles).

• Like 6

Just now, TruColor said:

285 C is a fairly common shade. I mean - the Packers, Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs, Commanders, and Cardinals all use 1235 C. Can't easily trademark particular colors (at least, not without a whole lot of legal hurdles).

Kidding. It was a bad joke. But seriously, I'm a big fan of your site. I was wondering about when you would update the colors, but I figured you were waiting until all four sets were unveiled.

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

spacer.png  spacer.png

Wait…285? That’s the Chargers’ shade. Ha!

1 hour ago, TruColor said:

spacer.png  spacer.png

I think the Knicks use/used 285

44 minutes ago, TruColor said:

1. So, with individual colors not being trademarked, could the Texans have told the Titans to screw off and used 279? Or does Tennessee have leaguewide rights to that color? Or would there be some kind of infringement based on being in the same division? Related:

2. I remember reading long ago (like, a decade or more) that the league allowed each team to have one color that was unique to them; other colors they had to share. Is that still the case? Because, honestly, it looks like most teams don’t have a unique color of their own anymore. I mean, what - Dolphins’ aqua, Panthers’ electric blue, Eagles’ teal,  the respective shades of purple worn by the Ravens and Vikings? Am I missing any?

3. What is the PMS code for the Broncos’ new royal blue that is used very sparingly? Related:

4. Why have you never included the actual  color(s) of the Broncos’ pre-1997 helmets? I’m guessing it would just be an approximation? How close would it be to PMS 307 (Ole Miss’ robins’ egg blue)? (And, for that matter, how about the navy helmets worn at the same time by the Giants and Rams?)

Please don’t take this onslaught of questions the wrong way - I am incredibly thankful for all that you do. Your site is wonderful. 

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Can Houston just pull a Dallas and only ever wear these

GL3cErgb0AA5QnZ?format=jpg&name=medium

It's always so silly when a team puts the same logo on their helmet and their sleeves. It's just so redundant and lazy.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, 655321 said:

It's always so silly when a team puts the same logo on their helmet and their sleeves. It's just so redundant and lazy.

Considering it’s the best of the four jerseys, maybe teams should do it more often.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TruColor said:

Also the St. Louis Blues use 285C for their "Winter Classic" uniforms, not to mention the primary blue for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Commonly used across multiple sports.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Pants stripes (discounting lightning bolts or some other graphic design) need to go the full length of the pants  from top to bottom.  When they don’t, they suck.  

There are no exceptions to this rule.  

Don’t say that to @WideRight 😬

Also I don’t think that’s entirely true. 

7 hours ago, 655321 said:

In this case it's also on the pants, so we're officially at a 1995 Carolina Panthers level of redundancy.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

17 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

For example, the Detroit Lions last introduced new uniforms less than a decade ago...  seven years to be specific.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but the Lions' last three uniform sets all lasted less than a decade. It's nothing new and I would assume their futility on the field during that period has to do with it. They kept tinkering with their look to turn the page from a previous failed era.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Really is a bummer lions removed the stripes from the blue pants. If they had kept stripes on em and removed the white pants (or added stripes) they are getting A+ (even if they don’t get rid of plain white socks).

• Like 1