2024 NFL Changes

1 minute ago, YelichGraphics said:

One of the things that annoys me is the instant negativity to all new things among these boards and I would like to at least a little leeway to a team trying to expand their brand

Good luck with that.

For the record, I'm not annoyed, I was attempting (and failing, apparently) to be humorous.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

When it comes evaluating a uniform change, think of it this way.

You turn on the TV. Team X is wearing the new uniforms. You flip the channel and when you flip back the team is wearing the previous uniforms.

Are you happy or sad?

I'd be confused.  I'd also wonder why, of all uses for a time machine, this is what we've chosen. 🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

20 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

So you're telling me that the red pants have blue and white stripes. Yet the red jersey and helmet doesn't have white in the "horns'? Why on earth would they do this. There are so many inconsistencies and easy fixes in this set.

Because they can use the red pants with all of the other combinations. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I never feel more like an old man than when I see a uniform I absolutely detest for being "kewl" and 
"xtreme" and see a bunch of comments about how it is "🔥".  Pretty much if any one says a new look is fire, I know I am going to hate it.  

Guess I will just go back to watching old USFL games on YouTube and yelling at those punk kids to get off my lawn, because watching most NFL games is going to just be painful.  At least Bills-Jets games will look good this year, as long as they don't break out those horrible black alternates. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

Locally the H-Town alts have near unanimous praise, so it matches what I've seen and heard.

Maybe. But I've also heard that with basically every single uniform unveil on this site.

Fact of the matter is, jersey sales always skyrocket right after an unveil because people want the new jersey. The actual popularity of a jersey is never measured by first day sales, but by how long the jersey sticks around. If these are still the jersey in 25 years it means the sales are strong enough where they don't feel the need to change.

But history has repeatedly shown that most of these jerseys that are supposedly the next big thing disappear after 5-7 years. Seattle's the main exception and that almost certainly is paired with the team having its best stretch with those uniforms.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I like the new Houston set. It is distinctive but not overcomplicated. The alternates are a good example of staying within the brand while adding something new. As long as they wear the right combos, these will be good. I would love to see the blue socks with the all-red uniform and the red socks with the H-Town alternate. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Denver has exactly one good set 

Not to do the “these should be the primary’s” for every throwback but cmon a modern version of these would be beautiful. Love the socks.

• Like 6
  • Yawn 1

The Broncos pulling a Jets and dropping this set at the end of 5 years for a more popular throwback seems very likely to me. 

I don't even think the uniforms are THAT bad, but the weird triangle branding is unnecessary, and they will certainly wear ugly combinations. If they stuck to navy helmet, orange jersey, white pants, navy socks, I think they're alright. But they won't. 

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'd be confused.  I'd also wonder why, of all uses for a time machine, this is what we've chosen. 🤣

The uniforms of the pre-1997 Broncos and Dolphins, pre-2000 Rams, 1997-2002 Falcons, pre-2004 Bengals, and pre-2005 Cardinals are absolutely worth the use of a time machine. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Broncos pulling a Jets and dropping this set at the end of 5 years for a more popular throwback seems very likely to me. 

I don't even think the uniforms are THAT bad, but the weird triangle branding is unnecessary, and they will certainly wear ugly combinations. If they stuck to navy helmet, orange jersey, white pants, navy socks, I think they're alright. But they won't. 

Bugs me the road numbers aren’t orange. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

"It'Z aGaInSt NfL RuLeZ 4 tHeM 2 UsE TiTaNs CoLoRz"

GL242Z1XkAARxF4?format=jpg&name=4096x409

With the red socks and H-Town Blue shoes, I actually kind of like these. Without those splashes of color? Nah. 

• Like 2

All this Texans set needs is consistency across the board and a less wonky number font, as demonstrated below. If they could do that, it'd be a damn good uniform set. Maybe not better than the previous set, but definitely more expressive.

JbU6bf9.png

• Like 24

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

True, but the Eagles aren't wearing white helmets, brown jerseys with sublimated feather textures, and yellow shoes and socks because it represents the quality craftsmanship and hardworking, high flying example of the American eagle. That's the difference.

PLEASE DON’T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Froob said:

Denver has exactly one good set 

Not to do the “these should be the primary’s” for every throwback but cmon a modern version of these would be beautiful. Love the socks.

The colors are superior and would distance themselves from the Bears. But the throwbacks aren't anything special either. 

Striping inconsistency drives me nuts and with this set there are 4 different variations. 

• Like 3